• Show
Clear All

• EPISODE #23 'GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT' talk show LIVE 1-27-10 11PM est

'GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT' talk show...

Three shows weekly:

Monday's @ 10pm eastern with LEFTYGUNZZ
    Wednesday's @ 11pm eastern with HORUS
    Friday's @ 10pm eastern with BURNER

THE LINK TO MY SHOW IS IN MY SIG, AND ALSO BELOW THIS.
    http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...d=72140&cmd=tc

Hosted by: xHORUSx
    Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
    Call ID: 72140
    For those who could not get access to the show...
    Try out this Link
    http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/72140

It should work...
    You will have to create an pin to call in but it is free...and take less than 30 seconds to do.

You can also listen to and download past episodes!!

Wednesday's Topics

1. Allan Green To Fight In Super Six

2. Boxing insiders say 'no' to Margarito licensing
    Jeff Wald from "The Contender."
    "Of all the many disgusting things I have seen in boxing, this ranks near the worst," Wald wrote to me. "There is no way he didn't know what was in his gloves. I can't believe Arum would support this guy and have him fight after he was responsible for almost destroying Cotto, who is also handled by Arum. … The rest of the U.S. should never give him a license and California should now bar him for life with no appeal. Texas obviously does not care about fighters or their health. Panama Lewis was barred for life and so should Magarito."

3. If you could Punish Shane Mosley "Today" for taking Steroids in the Past Would you?

Should there be statue of limitations for cheating?

"Barry Bonds rearranging the baseball record books landed him in the cross hairs of the federal government for years. Shouldn't there be some level of serious consequences for a boxer whose job is to try to rearrange his opponent's face?"

4.Mayweather vs Mosley Boxing Betting Line
    The Mayweather vs Mosley Boxing Betting Line is Mayweather -250 at Bodog.com.

Boxing Picks Analysis: Shane Mosley is a pro’s pro that takes the sport very serious and has fought at a high level for a very long time. Shane is a smooth boxer that can do it all: Punch to the body inside, counterpunch or box beautifully on the outside with great agility. Shane still has some of the fastest hands in the sport with his machine gun like combinations. Mosley is 38-years old but his conditioning and physical strength are matched by few fighters. At 5'9" Shane has very long arms with his 72" inch reach that he uses to pump sharp jabs from range. Mosley is a master of distance and he knows how to create angles with his pogo stick movement. Mosley’s few drawbacks are that his reactions have dimmed a bit and he was accused of using steroids by the federal government which might have given him an unfair edge earlier in his career.

Mayweather is one of those rare “great“ fighters that comes around every 20 years or so. Mayweather hass supersonic hand-speed, impeccable defense, outstanding counterpunching, elite boxing technique and the ability to fight great inside or outside. Along with tremendous boxing ability Mayweather is one of the best conditioned fighters in the sport and is supremely confident and focused. Mayweather’s few drawbacks are that he has had some hand injuries, his power is only above-average and he is overly cautious. The Mayweather vs Mosley Boxing Betting Line Total is at 11.5 Rounds with the Over at -365.

5. Why was the Pacquiao-Clottey fight put together so fast?

It seems like the bout between Manny Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey was put together in a lightning fast motion after the Mayweather-Pacquiao talks reached a brief stalemate. I don’t see how or why Pacquiao’s promotional team didn’t stick around for another week or two and continue to work on negotiating with Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions. Come on, it was only going to be the hugest fight in the history of boxing.
    How come they quickly bailed on a fight that would have given Pacquiao a payday of $40 million to fight a guy like Joshua Clottey? I know Clottey fights for the same promotional company as Pacquiao, Top Rank, but what does Pacquiao and boxing fans get out of a fight against Clottey? This isn’t something that will further Pacquiao’s legacy, as far as I can tell, because Clottey doesn’t have a title and was recently beaten by Miguel Cotto in his last fight.

Clottey has one knockout in his last 11 fights and has only fought a small smatter of top tier opponents during his career, losing to two of them, Antonio Margarito and Cotto. Why couldn’t Pacquiao’s team wait one or two more weeks to work on finding something that Mayweather and Pacquiao could agree on for the random blood tests.

It just seems like they bailed on the negotiations way too fast for my tastes and with the huge interest and money on the line for the fight. A lot of boxing fans are pretty angry with both fighters and their teams for not making this fight happen, and I can hardly blame them. And Pacquiao’s replacement opponent only seems to make it worse in my book. They can paint it anyway they like, but Clottey is not an interesting fight for Pacquiao.

You know who’s going to win and there’s no drama other than artificial hype that some people put into it. They should have at least tried to go after Shane Mosley, Andre Berto, Juan Manuel Marquez or Paul Williams as a replacement for Mayweather. I guess it doesn’t matter to some boxing fans, because they’ll watch Pacquiao no matter what, but if they have any idea about boxing, they’re probably not too excited about the prospects of watching Pacquiao fight the recently beaten Clottey. How can you get excited about this fight? And to top it off, you’ll have to pay to see.

I won’t pay a dime to watch this fight. They should have stuck it out for two more weeks and completed the negotiations instead of moving on quickly to a fight that few boxing fans, aside from diehard Pacquiao fans, want to see. And the second option that Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum was offering, Yuri Foreman, was also a crummy idea as well for replacement opponent. Foreman also is a Top Rank fighter, and one that is not well known among boxing fans. With his nonexistent power and his hit and run style of fighting, I can only imagine how awful a fight it would have been between Foreman and Pacquiao. Thank god that fight didn’t happen.

In the best of worlds, Pacquiao and his team should have come back with a counter offer to Mayweather and agreed to have the random blood tests stop at 17 days before the fight. If Pacquiao feels weak for two days after having a tiny amount of blood taken from him, he would still have 15 days to get his strength back before the Mayweather bout.

That should have been enough time to get his power back before the fight, I would think. Even if 17 days isn’t good, they could have worked on a couple days more and make it 19 days or whatever. I just don’t see how they could back away from a huge fight like this so fast and then take a bout against Clottey.

6. Roger Mayweather misses court

A Las Vegas judge says he will issue a warrant for boxing trainer Roger Mayweather if he again misses a hearing on charges he assaulted a woman last summer.

Clark County District Court Hearing Master Kevin Williams agreed to postpone Mayweather's scheduled Wednesday arraignment for a day after Mayweather's lawyer said his client could not make it.

"If he is not here at 10:30 Thursday you can tell him we will send the police to look for him," Williams told attorney Jack Buchanan.

Mayweather is charged with felony battery and other charges in the alleged beating of female boxer Melissa St. Vil at her Las Vegas apartment.

7. Why Frank Warren can't hold on to his fighter?

Khan did what Warren’s elite stars always do, only sooner than he would have expected.

Joe Calzaghe, Ricky Hatton, Naseem Hamed – three of the top 10 British fighters in history – all left the Londoner in pursuit of multi-million dollar bouts across the pond.

Maybe Warren’s acrimonious split with Ricky Hatton – whom Khan wants to face – was the main reason for his departure from the Sports Network stable?

I guess we’ll never know, but I’m sure, as is always the case, Frank Warren will have another high-profile world champion soon.

My pick would be Frankie Gavin. Let’s hope he sticks around once he hits the big time.

Last edited by Horus; 01-27-2010, 05:46 PM.

Here is the information for all three shows listed below gentlemen

LEFTYGUNZZ
    GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT TALK SHOW
    http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/72959
    Hosted by: LEFTY
    Call ID: 72959#
    Every Monday: @ 9pm Eastern

[HORUS]
    GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT RADIO
    http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/72140
    Hosted by: xHORUSx
    Call ID: 72140
    Every Wednesday:@ 11pm Eastern

KING BURNER
    GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT RADIO
    http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/73031
    Hosted by: King Burner
    Call ID: 73031
    Every Friday:@ 10pm Eastern

Comment

I might moved the time back to 10pm est tonight.... So be alert

Comment

Hey I havent notice Burner or Larry on the boards, I think they both went into training..

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
          Hey I havent notice Burner or Larry on the boards, I think they both went into training..

Larry called Burner over and they're repainting Larry's turquoise walls

Comment

haha training for what some more internet battles. that must be intense

Comment

Lmao training..

There should be a title IMO.

Anyway good topics tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer#1 View Post
                haha training for what some more internet battles. that must be intense
                No training for the war they are about to participate in. They are about to take years off their career's....

Comment

No training for the war they are about to participate in. They are about to take years off their career's....

Oh yeah the debate thing

Comment

Shouts out to Jro for posting this article.

About Allen Green acceptance in the SUPER SIX

In 2009, Allan Green made two victorious appearances on Showtime in a matter of five and half months. On April 27th, he stopped Carlos De Leon, Jr. in the second round and on October 2nd, Green handed Tarvis Simms his first loss. During this time, our promoter, Lou DiBella, lead us to believe that Allan was already the unofficial first alternate into the Super Six World Boxing Classic based on his two recent wins on the network, the second of which came after Green decided to stay with Showtime instead of fighting Sakio Bika on rival HBO's Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Juan Manuel Marquez pay-per-view show.

We thought it made sense. We thought wrong, because here comes Sakio Bika, one of Al Haymon's newest signees. Despite fighting one meaningless off-TV fight in 2009, Bika suddenly becomes the guy Allan Green has to fight to get into the Super Six tournament and if we don't fight him Bika walks in.

Why Bika?

Is it possible that Haymon, who also represents Jermain Taylor, presented the network with a cheaper alternative to Allan Green in the form of Bika?

Haymon's timing was perfect if you believe the widespread reports that Jermain Taylor was bought out of his spot in the Super Six after getting brutally knocked out by Arthur Abraham.

After six weeks of posturing or doing his best to get us every penny he can, our promoter finally presents us with a formal offer to fight Sakio Bika on February 5th.

If there is such a thing as an offer you can't refuse, I believe there is also such a thing as an offer you cannot accept. Was it time for Allan Green to receive one?

Allan Green's final offer to fight Bika on February 5th was for the same money he made in his previous two wins against lesser opposition. An offer for less than Haymon himself was willing to spend out of Floyd Mayweather's pocket to put Green on the Mayweather-Marquez card.

But Allan Green and I said yes faster than Dan Rafael would've written something to the effect that this marked the second time we turned Bika down.

Why did we accept the offer and sign the contract? Because we knew what we were doing. We knew it was only a matter of time.

If I talk to DiBella ten times a day, DiBella and Haymon probably speak thirty times a day. I've lost count on how many times I've eloquently articulated my thoughts on this situation to DiBella, many times in a regrettably vulgar manner.

However, Allan and I did know that DiBella was informing Haymon EVERYTHING I was telling him and we did know that I was pretty convincing.

We did know that we were being told about Jermain Taylor bowing out for months before Ozell Nelson told me that the only thing Haymon said was that Jermain's fight with Ward was being moved from March to April.

If we knew that we're dealing with somebody who tends to withhold or misinform his fighters, should we think that Sakio Bika is being told the whole truth?

Is it possible Bika was being told that he's walking into to the tournament? Jeff Wald, who still has a vested interest in Bika, confirmed to us that they were "at first" instructed by Haymon that Bika would be walking into the tournament.

Why would Haymon do such a thing? Because if Lou was relaying my messages verbatim, there's no way he expected us to accept the February 5th offer. By the time we did, Allan had already been training for six weeks. If Bika didn't know he was facing Green, is it possible Bika wouldn't be ready for February 5th?

We thought so, which is why we requested the contract clearly and specifically state that if either guy couldn't perform on February 5th, the other boxer, in this case, us, automatically becomes the replacement.

We knew the end was near when more than one source told us that Haymon was actually lobbying on our behalf to HBO. He allegedly voiced his strong opinion that Allan Green and not Edison Miranda, should fight Lucian Bute.

Why would Haymon do that?

Because if we fight Bute, Haymon dodges a bullet and Bika walks into the tournament. He REALLY NEEDED that to happen because he knew that HBO wouldn't be interested in Bute-Bika II (Bute already beat Bika) and Bika probably wouldn't be ready or at his best for February 5th.

Al Haymon 0, Team Green 1. Super Six World Boxing Classic, here we come.

And at the end of the day, make no mistake about it, neither Allan nor myself hold any ill will towards Showtime, quite to the contrary, words cannot express how thrilled we are to become a part of the Super Six World Boxing Classic. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, the opportunity Allan has been waiting for his whole life and he plans on making the most of it.

A big part of Showtime's job is to buy the best fights for the least money and Bika is a tough son of a gun, and as he's shown, a difficult out for anybody.

Allan and I are also pleased to have been in the lead on Lou DiBella's first behind the scenes victory over Al Haymon. It can't be easy for Louis to deal with Haymon's pressure tactics and control relating to Andre Berto, with whom, DiBella has no promotional contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X