No announcement yet.

Plenty Of Tickets Still For March 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Originally it was going to have Gonzalez vs Caudras, with Usyk, and Lee vs Heiland, and Katie Taylor.

Now it's Gonzalez and Caudras in separate fights vs guys they should kill. No Usyk. Lee's fighting Golovkin's sparring partner. And TR threw a fit to have Taylor taken off the card.
    Yeah Usyk was pulled out & there goes the Russian/Ukranian support in NY too.. Also, pulling out Taylor was a bad idea coz some Irish fans might have definitely shown up..

If not any other fights, I'd have love to see Usyk on the card..

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      tickets were very expensive for this fight. i looked at them and damn near fell out of my chair.
      just took a look at the prices... just lol. How much are fights at the MSG usually priced?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        cuadras and chocolatito would be fighting each other if k2 were to do "the best they could."
        true, but Chocolatito is only co-promoted by K2 & also this guy was pushed as mandatory because these guys couldn't close the deal on rematch.. All I mean't was they got the good fighters for the fight. but it is sad they couldn't pit them against each other..

I'm going to the fight, so I'm keeping my spirits high

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          true, but Chocolatito is only co-promoted by K2 & also this guy was pushed as mandatory because these guys couldn't close the deal on rematch.. All I mean't was they got the good fighters for the fight. but it is sad they couldn't pit them against each other..

I'm going to the fight, so I'm keeping my spirits high
          If I was going to be in NYC, I would probably go too.

All jokes aside, it's a mystery why this isn't sold out yet.

Comment

This is not good news. GGG gets more pub than any fighter in the world right now. He is in with his best opponent. He has been on ESPN hyping the fight as well.

If this fight doesn't sell well then IMO its because people are looking just at Jacobs being an 8-1 underdog so they figure he has no chance.

I hope this fight sells more and does at least 300k on PPV even though I'm not a GGG fan.

Comment

I said they overpriced the **** out of those tickets as soon as they announced it. Believe it was 2x more expensive than Lemieux fight across the board.

They should still get a few buyers the week of the event, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                If I was going to be in NYC, I would probably go too.

All jokes aside, it's a mystery why this isn't sold out yet.
                I think as New England & East Coast said it is priced quite high.. I see no other reason why people don't fill up a fight as exciting as GGG-Jacobs with so many fight fans around the east coast area..

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  I said they overpriced the **** out of those tickets as soon as they announced it. Believe it was 2x more expensive than Lemieux fight across the board.

They should still get a few buyers the week of the event, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sell out.
                  They had to see if GGG can sell tickets at "event" level as opposed to "fight fan" level. That is a harder jump to make then fans understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    This is not good news. GGG gets more pub than any fighter in the world right now. He is in with his best opponent. He has been on ESPN hyping the fight as well.

If this fight doesn't sell well then IMO its because people are looking just at Jacobs being an 8-1 underdog so they figure he has no chance.

I hope this fight sells more and does at least 300k on PPV even though I'm not a GGG fan.
                    I haven't missed watching a Lil g fight in over 4 years.

Folks on here think I hate the guy but there is a difference between criticizing (yes, quite harshly) someone you hope winds up great and actually disliking a fighter.

As a boxing fan, I want this sold out and to do at least 400K buys.

This way, we get closer to the fight we all want.

Not looking good tho...

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      I haven't missed watching a Lil g fight in over 4 years.

Folks on here think I hate the guy but there is a difference between criticizing (yes, quite harshly) someone you hope winds up great and actually disliking a fighter.

As a boxing fan, I want this sold out and to do at least 400K buys.

This way, we get closer to the fight we all want.

Not looking good tho...
                      Agree. I like the sport infinitely more than I dislike any one boxer. If this fight doesn't do well its going to be very hard for any fight to sell well on PPV.

No good comes out of this fight not selling well IMO.

I am going to order it and have people over as usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X