Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Bradley vs Marquez to you guys boring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected more action considering Marquez was fresh of KO6 and Bradley was fresh off of one of the most epic fights of all time.

But I wasn't bored at any point during the fight because of the intrigue of what Marquez can do. It's not an exciting fight on the rewatch because you already know that big counter shot will never come beforehand.

Comment

No I thought it was a good fight.

Comment

it wasnt a fight of the year contender but it wasnt boring. Saying that im bemused by the people making out bradley schooled him or whatever, was a very very close fight, people on this site dont seem to factor in actual solid shots landed, bradley was making marquez miss but theres no point making the other guy miss if you arent landing solid shots back.

Comment

Just a mismatch of styles but none the less bradleys biggest clean win.

Comment

not a boring fight at all if that fight bored people they arent fans of boxing but fans of action fighters which there is nothing wrong with. but if ur a fan of the sport and general and how different styles match up this fight was great i enjoyed it

Comment

... thing is 99.9 percent of people on this site dont know how to score a fight, and im not part of that 99.9 percent

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                Yeah I thought it was boring, Bradley fought Marquez conservative and was very defensive.

Too much back-peddling from Tim (correct me if I'm wrong but Max Kellerman even told him to his face that he got on the bicycle) and just peppering the jab.

He stuck to the game plan but it was boring. I like to see boxers go toe 2 toe and duke it out like the old-school cats did.

Charlo-Williams is a good example. Loma-Walters is even better, Lomachenko the master class, pure-boxer disarmed the killer/puncher without running.
                correct, people give way too much credit for someone fighting on the backfoot and landing a few jabs, thats not outboxing someone to me. youve got to land good combos and decent shots yourself, its 'hit and not get hit' not 'dont hit and not get hit' it wasnt a robbery , definitely not, but no way did bradley 'dominate' marquez. When someone gets ont here bicycle they should be convincingly landing the better shots if they want to win the rounds, if its close youve got to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy whos looking to force the action. Think i had it a draw although i havent rewatched it.

Comment

Working...
                X