Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO trying to make Ward vs. Pascal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pascal is the ultimate gatekeeper at 175. The perfect measuring stick to see how ready Ward is for Krusher.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
      Pascal is the ultimate gatekeeper at 175. The perfect measuring stick to see how ready Ward is for Krusher.
      Not really a measuring stick. Kovalev is a non stop concussive puncher. Ward's more of a technician, he won't KO Pascal like Kovalev did, he'll cruise to a wide points decision as he won't apply the same power or pressure which Sergey did.

It's hard really as the only really interesting fights for Ward are Kova or Stevenson, so everything else seems a bit meh. I think I'd rather see Ward v Cleverly than Pascal, just on the basis that Pascal will be content to lose once he realises he's out of his league, at least someone like Cleverly or Fonfara would keep applying pressure and trying to win. Just for entertainment value I'd rather see one of those two fight Ward than Pascal, but all of them would lose anyway.

Not sure why we're waiting so long for Kova v Ward, they're both willing to fight apparently, the networks want it, so get it done for the summer.

Comment

Nah I can't get up for that fight. Pascal was beaten twice by Hopkins IMO then KO twice by Kov so I don't see how he benefits Ward.

Comment

Why does Ward need to fight Pascal in Oakland..

A double header in Montreal (Ward-Pascal, Kovalev-Alvarez) would do very well.

Comment

Pascal is not bad for another tuneup. Many of the other good light heavyweights (Fonfara, Stevenson, Beterbiev) are with Al Haymon anyway.

Comment

HELL YEAH!

MAKE IT HAPPEN. Pascal can take every single one of Ward's shots, he's strong and not slow as molasses like Barrera. This is a great fight because Kovalev fought Pascal already.

I hope to see this fight... WAR WARD!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                Not really a measuring stick. Kovalev is a non stop concussive puncher. Ward's more of a technician, he won't KO Pascal like Kovalev did, he'll cruise to a wide points decision as he won't apply the same power or pressure which Sergey did.

It's hard really as the only really interesting fights for Ward are Kova or Stevenson, so everything else seems a bit meh. I think I'd rather see Ward v Cleverly than Pascal, just on the basis that Pascal will be content to lose once he realises he's out of his league, at least someone like Cleverly or Fonfara would keep applying pressure and trying to win. Just for entertainment value I'd rather see one of those two fight Ward than Pascal, but all of them would lose anyway.

Not sure why we're waiting so long for Kova v Ward, they're both willing to fight apparently, the networks want it, so get it done for the summer.
                I disagree about Pascal being content to lose. Dude has shown nothing but heart in all of his big losses and wins. Never seen him coasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post

No way man... Cleverly is much worse than Pascal, he doesn't even have power. Pascal's power isn't savage like Kovalev, but it's enough to hurt Ward IMO

Pascal gave Kovalev a much more competitive fight than Cleverly.. Actually managed to land some heavy counters

Comment

Solid link you provides us with there.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                      I disagree about Pascal being content to lose. Dude has shown nothing but heart in all of his big losses and wins. Never seen him coasting.
                      Green K friend

Pascal is kind of a ****, crying racism at Kovalev this rematch.. not sure if it was to hype their fight or what, but I love watching Pascal fight. So much heart, a true warrior

Comment

Working...
                      X