Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder's next opponent ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this would be a very thought fight for Wilder so doubt it hell do it, and for Glazkov I think he would rather fight Wlad in front of 70,000 in Ukraine.

Comment

Glazkov -- the size of Povetkin and the skill of Valuev

Definitely a winnable fight for Wilder

Comment

Glazkov is totally possible actually. Duva is only protective of Kovalev since he's got the HBO deal.... but Glazkov stands to make more money from Wlad as the mando and will probably hold out on the IBF ordering it to fight Klitbro.

IMO... possible candidates are:

1) Cunningham
        2) Wawzyrk
        3) Fujimoto

Only one is currently in the top 15 (Fujimoto #15) but come on.... it's the WBC. Wawzyrk has been out for like a year plus and instantly ranked when his exhibition was changed last minute to a sanctioned fight

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
          They would like Arreola but Chris looks totally shot. There is no way he can fight Wilder..
          I completely agree with you. On paper, he has a name and is a recognizable opponent for Wilder, but he keeps screwing up these showcase opportunities he has. If he doesn't get it back together, one of these guys will beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
            Hometown paper thinks they have the site and opponent figured out:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...51109846?tc=cr
            I heard his next opponent will be some hitchhiker they see next time they get on the freeway.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
              I'm not talking mandatory in January.

I'm talking about it happening later in the year. Glaz would have to wait. Unification trumps mandatory.
              Why would Glazkov have to wait when Klitschko already owes his IBF mandatory, he's fighting Tyson Fury (WBO/WBA mandatory) at the end of the month, and a Wilder unification fight, were it to happen as soon as possible, wouldn't be a viable option until Apr/May 2016 or later (at Wilder's current pace, having fought in Jan/Jun/Sep/Jan 2016, he's basically being built to fight every 3-4 months, barring any cuts/injury)?

I don't see anyone in the WBC/WBA/IBF triumvirate screwing over both of their long-standing mandatory challengers to fast-track a fight that may not even be ready yet

Comment

Working...
              X