Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev was lowballed. Jacobs got $10 mil to fight Canelo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'd think for 12.5 million, Jacobs would have had a little more fire and maybe gone for broke when Alvarez slowed down late in the fight.

Comment

How do this clown even determine this? How much do you think Haymon/PBC would offer Kovalev if he were in Dela Hoya's shoes?

How much is Luis Ortiz getting in his rematch with Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
        How do this clown even determine this? How much do you think Haymon/PBC would offer Kovalev if he were in Dela Hoya's shoes?

How much is Luis Ortiz getting in his rematch with Wilder?
        I put the reason I the first post. Stop reading the headline only and read the full post or don't bother commenting.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Hmmm. I didn't think of it that way
          You don't think there is x money for Canelo & his opponent?

And that that money could go down for a bs fight or simply a fight DAZN doesn't gives less f#cks about?

I think fans are being naive if think DAZN (or ESPN or Fox or Showtime or whoever) is just saying "here take my money please" to promotions/boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
            What risk is Canelo taking if the fight isnt at the 175lb limit? Also if there is a rehydration clause?

If there are so many "risks" then someone would say just dont do it then.

Canelo has a chin and Kovalev probably doesnt hit much harder than GGG. So its favorable for him from the get go.

But again.

Consider it goes 12 all Canelo has to do is keep it close enough and he will win on the cards? If Mikey could ****ing do it then money that Canelo can surivive 12.

What risk are we talking about here? Theres less risk than Mikey moving to 147 considering that Canelo is better than Mikey and Spence is better than Kovalev?

Plus. Why these guys always trying to cherry pick champs near the end of their career for real.
            This is not a cherrypick bruh it’s a dangerous fight IMO. But respect to you, I appreciate your arguments they sounds reasonable

Comment

So if Canelo decides to fight Charlo, and Jermall gets an offer 2x less than GGG, do you say he's getting lowballed?

Different boxers worth the same when they fight Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Kovalev should be making at least 5x's against Canelo than what he made against Ward. This fight is way more valuable

It don't work like that.

There is entertainment & fan excitement & other intangibles like that at work with what a fight is worth. And I don't see very many people all hyped up for Canelo vs Kovalev. Its not worth $10M for Kovalev cuz Kovalev is a flawed, old opponent, whos not THAT popular & basically quit when the going got tough to Ward in that 2nd fight & got KO'd recently too.

I wouldn't call it a bs fight or anything, but I've been dogging the sh^t outta Andrade & I'd rather see Canelo vs Andrade than Canelo vs Kovalev thats how lil appeal I got for this fight. I get it doe it makes sense for Canelo & GBP. But this is Cherry Picking a title part II for Canelo after that Rocky Fielding fight.

Comment

... this "offer" is only smoke screen from Canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                    What risk is Canelo taking if the fight isnt at the 175lb limit? Also if there is a rehydration clause?
                    He's the money guy. He's got the power to control all these things.

But yea I agree there isn't much risk here. To me this is a 80/20 Canelo fight. Kovalev won't be able to hit Canelo clean. He will be getting f#cked up by the body shots. I won't be surprised if he quits again like he basically did vs Ward in the 2nd fight. If he doesn't quit he'll get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      It don't work like that.

There is entertainment & fan excitement & other intangibles like that at work with what a fight is worth. And I don't see very many people all hyped up for Canelo vs Kovalev. Its not worth $10M for Kovalev cuz Kovalev is a flawed, old opponent, whos not THAT popular & basically quit when the going got tough to Ward in that 2nd fight & got KO'd recently too.

I wouldn't call it a bs fight or anything, but I've been dogging the sh^t outta Andrade & I'd rather see Canelo vs Andrade than Canelo vs Kovalev thats how lil appeal I got for this fight. I get it doe it makes sense for Canelo & GBP. But this is Cherry Picking a title part II for Canelo after that Rocky Fielding fight.
                      Kovalev is worth at least what Jacobs is worth and more than what Smith is worth.

Kovalev made that $2.5 on a PPV that did around 125k. A Canelo PPV would make him around what Jacobs made if not higher.

If you're taking away PPV upside you have to offer higher guarantees. The reason so many fighters wanted to fight Floyd & Canelo was the amount of money they'd make. The $4 mil or so they offered Kovalev isn't some great deal when he's more than double that on a PPV with Canelo. It's only a mil and a half off his highest payday. That's not exactly life changing money.

Taking away the PPV upside you're also taking away incentives. That upside has to be replaced

Comment

Working...
                      X