Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You say Danny Jacobs won/got a draw? Show your card.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You say Danny Jacobs won/got a draw? Show your card.

It's time to put up or shut up - and I'm going to prove once and for all that quite a few cats on here simply don't know - or don't care to know - how to PROPERLY score a fight.

I'm fairly confident I'll see a pattern, and I've got notes from every round plus replay ability IF needed.

So let's see it. What rounds did you give Jacobs and why, that causes you think Jacobs won that fight OR that it was a draw?

It's impossible. The judges scores were too kind to Jacobs they were shading rounds to jacobs after he did all the crying about judges before the fight. 8-4 canelo is a accurate card hell 9-3 is even reasonable. Was making Jacobs miss and look foolish and shook to take any risk because he didn't want to get knocked out so canelo said out I'll just outclass you. Even the compubox nuts can't claim anything because Canelo swept every stat they track and doubled the connect rate that's Floyd level shyt right there.

Compubox

Canelo
    Total shots
    188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
    68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
    120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
    Total shots
    131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
    42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
    89 of 359 (25%)

Comment

Here's how I scored it I gave Canelo 1,2,3,4,5,6,11 I gave Jacobs 7,8,9,10,12.

That's 115-113. But, the first round could've definitely gone to Jacobs. If that's the case, that makes it 6-6.

It's more of an indictment on Canelo that he damn near got swept in the 2nd half of the fight after looking so brilliant early on. Not P4P no.1.

Comment

Jacobs needed the last two rounds to make it a split decision draw but he gave those away by going away from what had won him rounds 8/9.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          Here's how I scored it I gave Canelo 1,2,3,4,5,6,11 I gave Jacobs 7,8,9,10,12.

That's 115-113. But, the first round could've definitely gone to Jacobs. If that's the case, that makes it 6-6.

It's more of an indictment on Canelo that he damn near got swept in the 2nd half of the fight after looking so brilliant early on. Not P4P no.1.
          Okay, let's do this.

Round 7: Jacobs' body flurries - which is all he did - was completely blocked. The commentators said he was landing, he might have gotten one glancing shot in but not NEARLY enough to do anything worth noting. Meanwhile Canelo was clean landing up and downstairs. I don't see it. Watch it again on mute.

Round 8: You can't be serious. Again, Jacobs was winging and missing punches left and right. Meanwhile Canelo started to walk him down and Mexican Style showed up for the first time the whole fight. This was arguably one of Canelo's best overall rounds the whole fight - the other one being...

Round 9: All Canelo. Jacobs landed ONE good shot on the chin. Canelo was ring general, continuing the aggressive pace and landed more shots up and downstairs.

Round 10: I gave this to Jacobs.

Round 12: Canelo's body work was sublime and he put the defensive shell back up. Jacobs landed nothing worth noting.

Going by the above, there weren't any swing rounds, and I'm baffled why you didn't give Jacobs Round 11, a round he clearly won when Canelo gassed.

As far as Round 1, I gave that to Jacobs, it being a swing round, but his jab appeared to land more cleanly.

So basically, you DIDN'T give Jacobs a round he clearly won and you gave him four rounds where he didn't.

The swing rounds were 1 and 2 because they were VERY hard to score either way. I gave Jacobs 1 for the jab, Canelo 2 for the body work. Every other round had a clear winner in my eyes.

Comment

Jacobs - 1,3,7,9
            Canelo - 2,4,5,6,8,10,11

7-4 going into the 12th. I shaded the 12th to Danny because it was fairly close and it was over at that point anyway. There was only one guy last night who looked like he was trying to win, and that was Canelo. Danny didn't do nearly enough to legitimately win, let alone over Canelo in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Okay, let's do this.

Round 7: Jacobs' body flurries - which is all he did - was completely blocked. The commentators said he was landing, he might have gotten one glancing shot in but not NEARLY enough to do anything worth noting. Meanwhile Canelo was clean landing up and downstairs. I don't see it. Watch it again on mute.

Round 8: You can't be serious. Again, Jacobs was winging and missing punches left and right. Meanwhile Canelo started to walk him down and Mexican Style showed up for the first time the whole fight. This was arguably one of Canelo's best overall rounds the whole fight - the other one being...

Round 9: All Canelo. Jacobs landed ONE good shot on the chin. Canelo was ring general, continuing the aggressive pace and landed more shots up and downstairs.

Round 10: I gave this to Jacobs.

Round 12: Canelo's body work was sublime and he put the defensive shell back up. Jacobs landed nothing worth noting.

Going by the above, there weren't any swing rounds, and I'm baffled why you didn't give Jacobs Round 11, a round he clearly won when Canelo gassed.

As far as Round 1, I gave that to Jacobs, it being a swing round, but his jab appeared to land more cleanly.

So basically, you DIDN'T give Jacobs a round he clearly won and you gave him four rounds where he didn't.

The swing rounds were 1 and 2 because they were VERY hard to score either way. I gave Jacobs 1 for the jab, Canelo 2 for the body work. Every other round had a clear winner in my eyes.
              I thought Canelo won the 6th, and Jacobs won the 8th.

The judges unanimously gave Canelo rounds 2,3,4,5 and 8. All of them gave Jacobs the 6th and the 9th.

The rest of the rounds they split.

Watching the fight, it felt like Jacobs turned the tide in the 2nd half when he switched to southpaw.

To me, It didn't look like a P4P no.1 performance. I will concede that is clearly the no.1 MW and that he deserves to be top 5 P4P, but there's no way I'm putting him no.1 after that.

Comment

I gave Canelo the first 5 rounds, then Jacobs the next 4, then Canelo the last 3, so 8-4 Canelo for me.

Jacobs was on the verge of drawing heading into round 10 then taking over in the 11th but he laid an egg.

Comment

I had jacobs winning 7-5

Comment

I'm thinking people - including the judges - got swayed by crowd noise when Jacobs was employing ineffective aggression in Round 8. I simply cannot see that for Jacobs. Yes, he was active, but he wasn't landing clean!

And I agree with another poster. It felt like even the judges were giving pity rounds to Jacobs. I'm okay with a 115 or greater score for Canelo regardless of which rounds. But certain rounds it's like, there's just no way unless you're scoring ineffective aggression. IN which case, it confirms Danny should have just gone out there like he did against Quillin, throwing for the fences and putting it all on the line because apparently that was the only way he was going to get judges to score for him. Even when he flat out misses.

Williams/Lara all over again.

Comment

Working...
                    X