No announcement yet.

So do you believe in God or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    I see this a lot, people saying that because there's no confirmed scientific explanation for how the universe came into being, then it means that God must exist then.

It's a complicated question, this origins of existence, but as I think we're still not advanced enough to crack it, that doesn't mean I need to replace the non-existent answer with these concepts.

It's like someone trying to solve a tough maths (math, Fat Yank) equation, and not being able to come up with the answer. Someone says "if you can't come up with the answer, I'll put down 'lemon meringue pie' as the result."

You're going "WTF??? How can a math/s equation equal a food? 2+2=Cheesecake? What the Hell?"

Then they say "well YOU can't give me an answer, so we MUST have one right now. If you can't work it out, that means whatever I say must be right."
    Is that what you got out of my post? Rather than address the substance of my point, you want to latch on to a parenthetical word...SMH.

Let me try this again, a little slower with fewer words. I believe in God because the universe is too balanced, too complex, and too organized for me to believe otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Is that what you got out of my post? Rather than address the substance of my point, you want to latch on to a parenthetical word...SMH.

Let me try this again, a little slower with fewer words. I believe in God because the universe is too balanced, too complex, and too organized for me to believe otherwise.
      See, I know you're just trying to be condescending, but "a little slower with fewer words".... I can read as slowly as I want to. It's writing on a screen, you daft cunt.

I'm sorry that I clearly wasn't able to grasp the subtle nuances and complexities of your post, it clearly went over my head. But just as a tip.... don't try and put down someone else's vocabulary in a post where you type "SMH".

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
        Because logically, and literally, that’s what takes place. Some people get turned into ashes tho.

The reason religion or beliefs in afterlife are so ingrained in our heads is because some reaallly reallly, and I mean REEEAALLLLYY SMART group of people figured out they need to provide civilization with these stories in order to prevent chaos and mayhem down the line.

People who wrote the Bible tho are probably the wisest people of all time. At least top 5.
        They are the biggest scammers and pranksters out there. They project there is a God and that they are the chosen ones or close to god and know what he wants and needs. How the fuk did god tell them and why only them?

The biggest prank someone has pulled so far is the 72 virgins thing, I can't believe people fall for that shït.

Comment

I don't have faith but I do make every effort to live by an ethical code based around the Golden Rule. If there is a God/higher power/universal spirit and that ain't good enough then eff him/her/it anyway.

Besides, I ain't particularly thrilled by the idea of an afterlife anyway, one lifetime of fuckups was quite enough thanks.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-09-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

100% I believe in God.

For me its the divine source that created the universe.

Comment

U trying to boil down something as deep as a the creative forces and its dieties into a,b, or c format.

U r smarter than that or just weak trolling.

C/C-

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
                Because logically, and literally, that’s what takes place. Some people get turned into ashes tho.

The reason religion or beliefs in afterlife are so ingrained in our heads is because some reaallly reallly, and I mean REEEAALLLLYY SMART group of people figured out they need to provide civilization with these stories in order to prevent chaos and mayhem down the line.

People who wrote the Bible tho are probably the wisest people of all time. At least top 5.
                The belief in the divine has existed since the first humans walked the planet though.

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                I believe in a higher power for my sanctity but I am not religious. Religious fools are morons who didn't have something better in life.

I strongly believe there is no heaven or hell and when you die you will go underground and become worm food.
                Our minds are just part of the great ethera hence we dont know all the answers.As noted I believe something divine caused the universe to begin.Hence overall good always wins over the bad in the long term.
                Last edited by Richard; 01-09-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
                  U trying to boil down something as deep as a the creative forces and its dieties into a,b, or c format.

U r smarter than that or just weak trolling.

C/C-
                  Ive always had faith due to a profound early experience I had as a child.I do understand though why some dont believe if they have no proof though.I would probably be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post

Thinking there is no God is like finding a computer on the ground and thinking it wasn't made by someone.
                    Good illustration.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                      Good illustration.
                      You must be onto something, GGGGloveking, your post was liked by a man who thinks using the word "illustration" to describe an analogy is good English.

Comment

Working...
                      X