Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "old school" stance

Look at my profile pic. That stance.

Where did it go?

If you stood in front of these fighters with a more square stance and in front of their lead foot most of their heads would be off center of their shoulders.

Is it me or do a lot of modern day fighters fight with a more "square" stance? Head straight down the pipe, shoulders square.
    Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 03-09-2013, 02:40 AM.

I think some guys get too scared of being hit in the face and end up getting hit more because of trying not to get hit lol.

I enjoy how Martinez fights with his hands lower. He fights entertainingly and skillfully

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      I think some guys get too scared of being hit in the face and end up getting hit more because of trying not to get hit lol.

I enjoy how Martinez fights with his hands lower. He fights entertainingly and skillfully
      Martinez made good use of boxing skills against Chavez. It was beautiful to watch him fight for the first time on that night. Although I don't understand why Chavez was so ***** and gunshy, such a waste of genes.

Comment

He was probably scared to get countered. Watching Martinez going in and out with the left uppercut was awesome. That was an exciting fight.

Comment

[ Where did it go?

Is it me or do a lot of modern day fighters fight with a more "square" stance? Head straight down the pipe, shoulders square.[/QUOTE]

It is not you , Fighters set up more square today which is not the way to go. Mayweather sets up in the older classic stance.

Comment

my trainer thinks the new school (square) is better because you can bob and weave side to side easier and your right hand is as close to your opponent as your left. I actually prefer the old school stance because when I use it, it feels easier to quickly transfer my weight back and forth and spring back out with my left foot in front.

Comment

Working...
            X