No announcement yet.

Glad that Abril was robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Seem a lot of fans of the slow, plodders, one dimensional fighters like Maidanas, Margaritos are the ones that are "Glad" that another boxer got robbed, Seems you have to stand in front of this fighters with your hands down by your side to be considered a boxer....Shame
    I am a fan of all styles and look for the beauty in them all. I dont agree with those who think a Boxing match is boring if it dont look like a rock 'um sock 'um robot match.

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    at what point do we start to put pressure on the other fighter who is basically ALLOWING HIMSELF TO BE CLINCHED...because you can't fight close range or inside and/or he doesn't have footwork to get away and resist those clinches

but then people complain about Mayweather when he sticks that Forearm/Elbow up...well he actually does that to try and stop his opponent from Clinching that is why you see it a lot against Hatton because Hatton wanted to Wrestle and not Box during that fight

to me Abril and Molina did absolutely nothing wrong, I have more of a Problem with the two guys who was suppose to be the "STRONGER FIGHTER" in both of those fights, basically allowing the guys who are not known for the Power for Strength, just push them around so easily

If you don't like Clinching...fine, but don't get upset when Chad Dawson puts B-Hop on his A$$ for trying to clinch and jump on his back and don't get mad when Mayweather using his Forearm/Elbows...boxing fans can't have it both ways

So no Abril and Molina did nothing wrong, that just Exposed two fighters who only Depend on their Power and Abril and Molina took away their ONLY WEAPONS! These overrated fighters need to learn how to do MORE THEN JUST PUNCHES and Knock People Out... Abril did the same thing to Rios over and over for 12 Rounds and Rios came up with no type of solution and made no fukin Adjustment but yet people want to cry about Abril?

Sorry but in boxing it is not the opponent job to fight in a way that benefits his opponent and make his opponent look good...boxing don't work like that
    Green K for your Avi. I think clinching is needed but not excessive clinching. I almost agree completely with your post, as I believe the ultimate onus to avoid clenches is on the fighter. But the ref does have a job to do in breaking up excessive clinches. I agree Rios fought the wrong fight and made no adjustments(hell he didnt even come in behide the jab like he should've done, and like Garcia was asking him to do). I honestly feel he lost every round except 2-3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      I never watched the fight and i need to see it but it was clearly a robbery from all the writing about it. But from what I am heard is he fought a very ugly style, can anyone confirm this?

Guys like Molina, Abril etc. should definately not be rewarded for taking the entertainment from boxing, and if they get wins cause of this everyone will do it and make fights that should be exciting boring. This is boxing, its supposed to be a battle, a war.....using your fists. I really hope we dont see much of these ugly horrible ***** styles in the future cause it is killing boxing worse than the bad decisions
      wasnt very ugly. Abril outboxed him. simple as that.
      as for Molina: he outboxed Kirkland as well. a little bit of holding is not the same as "John Ruiz" type of holding.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        Lol. Abril would stand infront of him, throw up the shell and let Rios try to hit him. He didn't just hit and hold. When there was no holding it was him beating on Rios. He beat the hell out of Rios. Rios could do nothing it was embarassing. Of course you wouldn't know this because you didn't watch it and like robberies. -redneck voice- Git! We dont want your kiiinnddd round here!
        Not only couldn't he do anything, he wasn't even trying to do anything for significant portions of the fight! Abril literally spanked "Bam Bam." Frankly, I almost can't believe what I saw.

Comment

abril put punches together & out boxed rios much greater then molina could have ever dreamed of vs kirkland..........

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            wasnt very ugly. Abril outboxed him. simple as that.
            as for Molina: he outboxed Kirkland as well. a little bit of holding is not the same as "John Ruiz" type of holding.
            thats the thing......the molina kirkland fight was ugly. the way abril was using that jab (hitting to the body) & countering rios with those long shots were just beautiful. really wasn't the same as the kirkland molina fight..............

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
              I never watched the fight and i need to see it but it was clearly a robbery from all the writing about it. But from what I am heard is he fought a very ugly style, can anyone confirm this?

Guys like Molina, Abril etc. should definately not be rewarded for taking the entertainment from boxing, and if they get wins cause of this everyone will do it and make fights that should be exciting boring. This is boxing, its supposed to be a battle, a war.....using your fists. I really hope we dont see much of these ugly horrible ***** styles in the future cause it is killing boxing worse than the bad decisions
              First of all you didn't even watch the fight and see Abril's style. Second of all, nothing is worse for boxing than bad decisions/bad refereeing.

Boxing is often referred to as the sweet science. Not every fight will be a war, its about hitting and not getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                thats the thing......the molina kirkland fight was ugly. the way abril was using that jab (hitting to the body) & countering rios with those long shots were just beautiful. really wasn't the same as the kirkland molina fight..............
                I disagree because Molina and Abril have a different boxing style. Molina hit Kirkland with harder and cleaner punches than Abril hit Rios with. A lot of Abril's punches were blocked by Rios.
                Molina gets off his punches and then avoids a counter by going shortly in a clinch most of the time. Abril uses his footwork more to dance around and box more from the outside.
                Abril and Molina just have a different style. Molina outclassed James Kirkland at least as good as Abril outboxed Brandon Rios.

Comment

dude, rios was hitting in the back of the head all fight night long & didn't get so much as a warning. (you remember those back of the head shots) rios even started to go low in the middle rounds & didn't get even 1 hard warning......the only reason the ref warned abril because the crowed was b*tching to him to take 3 or 4 points (mexican crowd going for the mexican fighter so no surprise) excessive clinching is what Akinwande did to lennox. thats the level of clinching that will warrant point deductions & a dq......abril wasn't really clinching. he was just smothering rios on the inside. (even with the shoulder roll) he was sticking close to rios because he knew rios couldn't get his punches off if smothered........& then he outboxed him to bits on the outside. it was a masterpiece. & HARDLY ANYTHING was done illegal on abrils part.........rios was just controlled, outboxed, & trashed to bits.
                  Yes Rios did hit in the back of the head more than a few times, I do recall him getting warned once for it, but it doesnt make it right. And yes, Rios did hit on the hip and thighs to try and take away Abril's legs(I dont agree with those tactics). It was a good Boxing exhibition hardly a masterpeice bruh. And you're lying to yourself if you think Abril was not clinching and illegally measuring. So you see. I have no problem with saying there was a robbery, as ther was one. Abril should've won the fight. So if you're looking for a fan boy to argue with you might want to look elswhere. Now if you want to debate the tactics used by both fighters and weither they were legal, or illegal then we can do that. Outboxed?????? Absolutely. Out fought?????? Absolutely. Did Abril land the cleaner more effective shots???????? Yes he did. Did Abril control the fight???????? Yes. Did he use tactics that could've got him DQ'd or points deducted?????????? Absolutely.

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Then u must have a real problem with vlad k cause he does everything u just described plus he pushes his opponents heads down.

Lmfao at all these cry babies crying about how Abril didn't just stand there an let bum bum hit him and knock him out
                  I dont watch Vlad or his brother. I dont care to watch them fight, as I dont like their style, and feel they have no comp in their division.

No need to call names bruh. I'm far from a cry baby dude.

Comment

Paradoxically, Abril may not be pretty to watch, but his performance last night was indeed beautiful. It's a crying shame he was robbed of the fruits of a masterly performance. Any true fan of the sport, regardless of inclination, should be offended at last night's decision.

Comment

I honestly didn't notice much clinching and thought Rios was making the fight uglier than Abril by rushing in and putting his head on Abril's shoulder. I use to to think Rios was a pretty good in-fighter but last night he looked horrible by just head hunting for a big shot. Wasn't coming in with a jab or even attacking the body much that was there for him all night, so in other words he wasn't "working" he was just looking for the kill. Abril was in the pocket the whole time picking off Brandon's shots and coming back with his own that were landing flush.

What Molina did to Kirkland, that was a clinch fest and was horrible to watch. Abril just outboxed Brandon's ear's off the whole night.

Comment

Working...
                      X