No announcement yet.

Harry Greb No1 LHW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0r1g1nal S1n View Post
    Hard to compare the old guys like Greb and Charles with the new lhw's like Roy Jones and B-Hop. Different era's totally. Greb and Archie Moore are probably the greatest in terms of achievement though.
    Interesting view. You think Moore wasn't particularly skilled like today's fighters? Charles? No?

I've got to say that when I look at Moore and Charles especially at LHW, I see nothing but pure skill. They were idols of some of the greats of today, including Hopkins and Toney specifically because of that skill they showed.

It sucks to watch something in black and white, but check it out again and really watch the small things they do. Charles for me is the greatest, along with Moore. Then definitely Greb is up there, along with others like Foster, Jones blah blah.

I can understand the Greb comparison as we have no video footage of him. Charles however is about as modern as they come and in terms of pure skill makes 99% of champions today look like Margarito. He had everything. Power, speed, counterpunch, defence, lead, jab, footwork.....he was the consummate boxer/puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Interesting view. You think Moore wasn't particularly skilled like today's fighters? Charles? No?

I've got to say that when I look at Moore and Charles especially at LHW, I see nothing but pure skill. They were idols of some of the greats of today, including Hopkins and Toney specifically because of that skill they showed.

It sucks to watch something in black and white, but check it out again and really watch the small things they do. Charles for me is the greatest, along with Moore. Then definitely Greb is up there, along with others like Foster, Jones blah blah.

I can understand the Greb comparison as we have no video footage of him. Charles however is about as modern as they come and in terms of pure skill makes 99% of champions today look like Margarito. He had everything. Power, speed, counterpunch, defence, lead, jab, footwork.....he was the consummate boxer/puncher.
      True. I have seldom seen a boxer with more pure skills than Ezzard...the guy could do it all. And the good thing once he moved up, he still did well.

Also have to mention here that even on those old ****ty films Tunney looks awesome. He looks great and in a H2H matchup I rank him pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
        True. I have seldom seen a boxer with more pure skills than Ezzard...the guy could do it all. And the good thing once he moved up, he still did well.

Also have to mention here that even on those old ****ty films Tunney looks awesome. He looks great and in a H2H matchup I rank him pretty high.
        I think on film, Tunney's fight with Carpentier, Gene was awesome on that day. It proved to me that Tunney was indeed a master,.... and I agree with his opinions on a certain MW.

Comment

Working...
        X