No announcement yet.

Rate Mike Tyson's career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate Mike Tyson's career

On a scale of 1-10 1 being worst and 10 being best, rate Mike Tyson's career.
    0%
    5.41%
    0%
    0%
    2.70%
    21.62%
    24.32%
    32.43%
    5.41%
    8.11%

Under-achieving considering Tyson's abilities but still a very good career.

Comment

I gave him 6, He lost to every good fighter he ever faced, plus a couple of bums, and had a very short prim.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
        I gave him 6, He lost to every good fighter he ever faced, plus a couple of bums, and had a very short prim.
        co-sign........

Comment

didn't stack up an amazing resume, lost early. Unified however, cleaned out his division for the time being and youngest HW champ ever.

Comment

Had he defeated Holyfield and Lewis, it would have been a 9. A 10 if he would have fought and defeated Bowe and Foreman. I give him a 7, which for a Heavyweight champ is good enough for HOF induction.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post

Me too, for exactly the same reasons. But he did clean out a weak division and become the youngest champ in history, that merits at least a 6.

Comment

He's better than most, but not the best ever

I voted 8 but would have been comfortable giving him a 9. Here's my thinking....Of all the men to have ever held the title (fractured, ie, WBC, WBA, etc) or otherwise, I would say that Tyson beats at least 80%-90% of all the other title holders. Only the very elite and the very tough beat him.
                Guys like Sonny Liston and George Foreman would have no fear of Tyson. In fact, he might be afraid of those two. And guys like Ali, Holmes and Lennox Lewis beat him on skill alone. Other super-sized boxers like Bowe and the Klitschko's will give him fits no matter when they fought him. On the other hand, I think his power, ferocity and pressure tears thru the other 80%-90% of the guys who've held the title.

Comment

Prime v Prime, i personally rate him very high.

Had his career progressed like a normal boxer, he could have achieved alot more but oh well.

Comment

Give em an 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X