No announcement yet.

Abraham: any news on the Dirrell DQ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abraham: any news on the Dirrell DQ?

AA was disqualified in his fight against Dirrell. After the fight, he filed a petition to get the result to a No Contest.

Any news on this petition? Was it rebuffed, or is it still in jurisdiction?

P.S. I think the decision to disqualify AA was legit. The last hook came far too late.

I even can see AA's gripes with the KD of Dirrell in the 10th round, which was not counted. And Dirrell appeared to feign the slip and the following KO. But still a blatant foul is reason enough to get a DQ.

I hope not, I think if RJJ can get DQ for this, so can AA, Andre was putting on a good show, remember he too got AA down (well, the ropes saved AA) and it wasnt counted

But I would of loved to see what would of happened had the fight gone 12 rds

Comment

Originally posted by bigdlb12 View Post
      I hope not, I think if RJJ can get DQ for this, so can AA, Andre was putting on a good show, remember he too got AA down (well, the ropes saved AA) and it wasnt counted

But I would of loved to see what would of happened had the fight gone 12 rds
      Everyone watching saw Abraham landing clean shots after round 9 and it was a matter of time before he knocked Dirrell out, infact he knocked him down earlier 2 times which was called wrongly I think.

I agree the DQ was legit, Dirrell no doubt in my mind play acted and started acting to get out of being k0d later on but Abraham only has himself to blame for giving Dirrell a get out of jail ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Phirsole View Post
        AA was disqualified in his fight against Dirrell. After the fight, he filed a petition to get the result to a No Contest.

Any news on this petition? Was it rebuffed, or is it still in jurisdiction?

P.S. I think the decision to disqualify AA was legit. The last hook came far too late.

I even can see AA's gripes with the KD of Dirrell in the 10th round, which was not counted. And Dirrell appeared to feign the slip and the following KO. But still a blatant foul is reason enough to get a DQ.
        Nothing will change,he deserved to be disqualified.I'm sure he's happy with his first loss

Comment

I like Abraham but e deserved to get DQ'd.

He hit a man when he was down and defenseless, there is no excuse for that.

Comment

That was never getting overturned.

AA should've kept his cool and KO'd him in the 12th like he was fittin' to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
              That was never getting overturned.

AA should've kept his cool and KO'd him in the 12th like he was fittin' to do.
              My thoughts, exactly.

So, there seem to be no news on the petition. Which is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
              X