Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony peterson: Humberto soto doesn't want a piece of me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
    I don't think Soto is a legit LW after seeing him school Diaz.

But he would still whoop and probably stop Peterson.

Who I've never even seen on TV.
    Then how can you have a opinion on the fight ether way?

Comment

I don't understand what's so hard about making this fight when both of them are promoted by Arum and Peterson is the mandatory. Only thing I can think of is Soto is shook. What's happening to Mexican fighters? Don't they want to fight the best anymore? Seriously. We've got JMM fighting a pointless rematch with Juan Diaz. Margarito was gonna fight a pointless rematch with Cotto instead of settling his unfinished business with Paul Williams.

Comment

soto is a disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          I don't understand what's so hard about making this fight when both of them are promoted by Arum and Peterson is the mandatory. Only thing I can think of is Soto is shook. What's happening to Mexican fighters? Don't they want to fight the best anymore? Seriously. We've got JMM fighting a pointless rematch with Juan Diaz. Margarito was gonna fight a pointless rematch with Cotto instead of settling his unfinished business with Paul Williams.
          The truth.

Comment

I've heard conflicting reports about a Soto-Peterson matchup. I'm kinda surprised Arum is willing to throw Peterson into the lion's den but Soto is the man and Anthony is his mandatory so I guess it makes sense from Arum's perspective. Kind of a lateral move for Soto because Anthony is not a big name and I doubt he's bringing much money. Soto has earned the bigger fights but he's still not getting them. It's kind of funny because if Anthony were to fight and beat Soto, it would catapult his career tremendously; which is odd because Soto gets NO love at all. If Anthony beat Soto he would be praised ad nauseum but if Soto beats Anthony nobody will bat an eyelash.

Soto seems to want to defend the title in his hometown and then fight Anthony. But, I would rather see Soto get a big fight with some money attached to it as he's earned that IMO. Anthony isn't even on the ****ing radar...regardless of whether or not he's a mandatory. Hell, Kell Brook is Manny's mandatory....see my point???

Comment

God Sotto is rough to watch, does anyone really want to watch him fight...I think its horrible...

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieFowler View Post
                God Sotto is rough to watch, does anyone really want to watch him fight...I think its horrible...
                I think he's very entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieFowler View Post
                  Hey besides the Diaz fight hes usually an all action fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                    March 29, 2010

ANTHONY PETERSON: HUMBERTO SOTO DOESN'T WANT A PIECE OF ME!
                    By G. Leon

GL: It's always a pleasure to hear from one of the talented Peterson brothers. Anthony, to what do we owe the honor of this phone call?

Anthony Peterson: "I just received some devastating news that Humberto Soto is choosing to fight somebody else. He already got a date, when he got out of the ring in March the date for him to fight me on June 5th was all set. We had a fight and he didn't take it because now he needs a tune-up. I just don't get it."

GL: When did you hear about this?

AP: "I just heard today, but I think he made his mind up on Friday. I hadn't heard because I was in the middle of an intense training camp ready to go to war. Right now I'm devastated that all this went down. I've been waiting for my shot for five and half years. He got his shot and now it's time for me to get mine. I need my shot like right now."

GL: Will you still be fighting on the 5th? Is there any alternative now that this fight isn't happening?

AP: "I'm not sure and I can't give you the info right now. I want to be on that card and get that exposure. I haven't been fighting like that and all I'm asking for is the opportunity, I'll take care of the rest."

GL: What message do you want to send to Soto through this interview?

AP: "If I could look you in the eyes, I'd tell you to take this fight. If you think you can beat me, that makes you a better fighter, so please make this fan friendly fight so I can take your belt. To my fans, keep God first and anything is possible."

I'm a big fan of Soto.

I always bet on him.

Is he afraid of Peterson?
                    humberto soto would own this guy in the ring..

Comment

fuken soto, fight his ass u *****!.. he can beat him

Comment

Working...
                      X