Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Heavyweight Matches (1990-2015)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Heavyweight Matches (1990-2015)

Anyone ever watch the youtube channel "Rummys Corner?" He does pretty damn good videos on boxing history, his own homemade documentaries, and also does predictions and post fight analysis for current major fights. Here's a link to the video and obv you can check out his channel there, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwPu1Ox2iH4&t=1685s

The list in this video:

10) Foreman - Moore
    9) Tyson - Holyfield
    8) Golota - Byrd
    7) Bowe - Holyfield III
    6) Klitschko - Lewis
    5) Tua - Ibeabuchi
    4) Brewster - Liakovich
    3) Holyfield - Bowe II
    2) Golota - Bowe
    1) Tyson - Douglas

Thoughts, opinions?
    Last edited by embryo; 06-18-2017, 04:33 PM.

I'd say that's a pretty good list. I watch his channel too, he makes some pretty good content. I think he deserves more subscribers, at least in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
      Anyone ever watch the youtube channel "Rummys Corner?" He does pretty damn good videos on boxing history, his own homemade documentaries, and also does predictions and post fight analysis for current major fights. Here's a link to the video and obv you can check out his channel there, too.

The list in this video:

10) Foreman - Moore
      9) Tyson - Holyfield
      8) Golota - Byrd
      7) Bowe - Holyfield III
      6) Klitschko - Lewis
      5) Tua - Ibeabuchi
      4) Brewster - Liakovich
      3) Holyfield - Bowe II
      2) Golota - Bowe
      1) Tyson - Douglas

Thoughts, opinions?
      Rummy self admits he doesnt predict boxing well and his insight is somewhat ????/Though he does provide enteraining vids...he himself the character is the best thing about his vids....

Comment

I agree with both replies. I'm sure it's easier said than done but I wish he'd make more of those 30 min - hour long videos/documentaries about certain fighters, weight classes and eras. He has a great bio documentary he did about Andrew Golota's career.

Comment

Well, in addition to old school pro wrestling and video gaming, looks like I've found another youtube channel to subscribe to.

Comment

I agree with both replies. I'm sure it's easier said than done but I wish he'd make more of those 30 min - hour long videos/documentaries about certain fighters, weight classes and eras. He has a great bio documentary he did about Andrew Golota's career.
            Love that bio documentary type video. Also would like to see more of the documentary videos that cover a decade/era of boxing.

Comment

The list in this video:

10) Foreman - Moore
              9) Tyson - Holyfield
              8) Golota - Byrd
              7) Bowe - Holyfield III
              6) Klitschko - Lewis
              5) Tua - Ibeabuchi
              4) Brewster - Liakovich
              3) Holyfield - Bowe II
              2) Golota - Bowe
              1) Tyson - Douglas

Thoughts, opinions?
              Some good choices, others a little puzzling.

It depends on what criteria the fights are being measured on. For example Foreman vs Moorer was a historic result, but not an amazing fight to watch. Foreman vs Holyfield was a terrific fight to watch for example, but isn't shown above.

I'd argue that Bowe vs Holyfield 1 was a much better fight to watch than either 2 or 3. Probably the best heavyweight fight since Norton vs Holmes!!

I'd also say that Golota vs Bowe 2 was a better fight than 1. More competitive, more knockdowns. Plus Bowe was in better shape.

Great call from Tyson vs Douglas. Douglas boxed beautifully. But Holyfield vs Tyson was a great surprise result but very clinch filled and messy to watch.

Other great heavyweight matches were as follows:

Lewis vs Mercer
              Holmes vs Mercer
              Toney vs Holyfield
              Wlad vs Peter
              Tyson vs Ruddock 2
              Ibeabuchi vs Byrd
              Williams vs Tyson (great four round scrap)

Comment

I.B. vs Tua might be the best pure fight on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  Some good choices, others a little puzzling.

It depends on what criteria the fights are being measured on. For example Foreman vs Moorer was a historic result, but not an amazing fight to watch.
                  I think he even mentions that in the video when talking about that fight, but said he included it for the upset factor and Foreman becoming the oldest lineal heavyweight champion in history.

Comment

I would put Moorer Holyfield there i just love this fight ,but pretty good list

Comment

Working...
                    X