Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Berto said he didn't train that hard for the first Ortiz fight, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Berto said he didn't train that hard for the first Ortiz fight, but....

Who remembers when Berto accused Ortiz of using steroids the following day of his loss? He tweeted something like "I know the guy who sold Ortiz the flintstone vitamins he got at whole foods." Lol Berto is insecure, you know you got ur ass whooped when u have to accuse someone of roiding up and ur saying u didn't train hard?

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    Who remembers when Berto accused Ortiz of using steroids the following day of his loss? He tweeted something like "I know the guy who sold Ortiz the flintstone vitamins he got at whole foods." Lol Berto is insecure, you know you got ur ass whooped when u have to accuse someone of roiding up and ur saying u didn't train hard?
    Ortiz exposed Bertos flaw of not being able to fight going back but I think berto takes this 1, weird to say but I think Bertos the fresher/sharper boxer.

Comment

I thought it was common knowledge that he took Ortiz lightly the first fight. Still doesn't excuse the butt whooping he took

Comment

Yeah, well Ortiz surprised everybody in that fight. I remember Lou DiBella on the radio going hard, trying to convince everyone that this wasn't another one of Bertos cherry pick mismatches.

Well, unfortunately for him, he was right.

Comment

That was prime Berto....Ortiz's skillset, speed and workrate on a bad day beats Berto on probably his best day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            I thought it was common knowledge that he took Ortiz lightly the first fight. Still doesn't excuse the butt whooping he took
            Ortiz was said to be Berto's toughest opponent to date when the fight was announced.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              i wonder if he also took robert guerrero lightly

Comment

Berto was over confident and then became a poor sport when he lost with the steroid accusations with zero evidence. I still pick Berto to win the rematch. Ortiz is undependable and his heart doesn't seem to be in boxing. Ortiz has quit more than once. It seemed like he could have beat the count in both the Mayweather and Collazo fights. Ortiz leaves boxing for long periods of time to try other things. If Ortiz trains his hardest and fights with gameness and determination he should win. I just don't have much faith in Ortiz being the best he can be because of past performances where he didn't try hard to win. Berto isn't very good but he is a full time boxer who loves boxing. Berto will train hard and fight hard and he won't ever quit.

Comment

Ortiz was said to be Berto's toughest opponent to date when the fight was announced.....
                  But he was also seen as 140 lber moving up.

Berto was the heavy favourite.

Comment

as if Berto were matched tough before that fight. Still doesn't take away that he took him lightly. We were all talking about it on this site, by the crap Berto was talking about Ortiz not having heart and all that you could tell he thought Victor would be an easy night.

Comment

Working...
                    X