Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Mancini and Macho Camacho, how would they fare today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Mancini and Macho Camacho, how would they fare today?

So, these are two of my favorite fighters ever and I had a thought of them fighting against the current crop of fighters. For those who have seen enough of the,. how do you think the would fare against the current top fighters at 135-140?

both would be champions

Comment

How about either of them against Marquez, Bradley, or Malignaggi? There are several interesting alternatives. Khan might be too big for them, even Mancini who was, possibly, one of the physically strongest lightweights ever. Still, you could never count him out. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
        How about either of them against Marquez, Bradley, or Malignaggi? There are several interesting alternatives. Khan might be too big for them, even Mancini who was, possibly, one of the physically strongest lightweights ever. Still, you could never count him out. Any thoughts?

they were at the tail end of the same day vway in era....honestly they were both true lightweights...tho camacho won a title at 130....talent wise they'd make easy work of the guys 130-140... Khan has a chance beating both because of his height reach and speed...outside of him idk...130-135 they'd be champs for sure...140 isnt as deep as it was years ago

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          they were at the tail end of the same day vway in era....honestly they were both true lightweights...tho camacho won a title at 130....talent wise they'd make easy work of the guys 130-140... Khan has a chance beating both because of his height reach and speed...outside of him idk...130-135 they'd be champs for sure...140 isnt as deep as it was years ago
          I don't mean to be nosy but, how old are you? It seems like you are the only one who has shown interest in this hypothetical situation. I think if Corrales, Castillo, Casamayor, and Freitas were still around things would be very interesting. I could see Camacho ruling the divisions on pure skill alone. Mancini would go to war with everybody and I guess the "you win some, you lose some" saying would apply to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
            I don't mean to be nosy but, how old are you? It seems like you are the only one who has shown interest in this hypothetical situation. I think if Corrales, Castillo, Casamayor, and Freitas were still around things would be very interesting. I could see Camacho ruling the divisions on pure skill alone. Mancini would go to war with everybody and I guess the "you win some, you lose some" saying would apply to him.
            no harm done im 27...been watching boxing since i could remember

cant say the same for some of these guys

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              no harm done im 27...been watching boxing since i could remember

cant say the same for some of these guys
              Good, I'm 29. I was a casual fan until I saw Trinidad vs. Vargas back in 2000. That fight turned me into a die hard fan almost overnight.

Comment

I don't think camacho name deserves to be next to mancini's.

Mancini would give anybody hell between 130 and 140.

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post

have you ever seen prime camacho fight?b130-135 dude was a beast

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post

I have to disagree here. Camacho was way more skilled than Mancini and I consider Mancini one of my top 5 ever but that's what is it. Besides, Camacho beat him in their fight back in 1989. It was close but clear for Camacho. I agree about Mancini being a tough guy against anybody from super feather to junior welter.

Comment

Working...
                    X