Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BoxingScene: If Olympic style testing was introduced in boxing would u accept it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Everyone will accept it. As long as it is mandated by the boxing commissions and not some prima donna boxer.
    There ya go.

Comment

Even if they had Olympic style testing, we wouldn't really know who was clean. Marion Jones didn't fail any drug tests at the 2000 games but she was using at the time.

That being said I think it is a step in the right direction and I would support it if they could get the logistics and cost figured out in a reasonable way.

Comment

Yes, if every single boxer has to take the same tests and same amount of tests for every fight.

Comment

They can implement it, but it won't be 100% satisfactory.

Comment

Nope. I'm sick of government managed and mandates on boxing. They are the reason cheating happens and atrocious scorecards are commonplace.

Olympic style testing isn't cheap. It would be too expensive to up and coming professionals.

Do I encourage more strict testing? Sure, but that's missing the point...

Comment

I'd support it, only if to better the sport.

I can understand the difficulty of such task though. Hypothetically speaking, should the random blood testing start after the contract is signed, he could get random tested at the many promotional stops, perhaps if he's an international fighter he needs to do the blood test in god knows where, he's blood tested during his Sunday (or w/e day off), blood is demanded from you when your at dinner etc...

It's a matter of privacy, and some are more private than others.

If it became standard and that's the way it should, for the safety and integrity of the sport, then im all for it.

Comment

for all yes

Comment

Working...
                X