Collapse
No announcement yet.

when did the 2nd world title get introduced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep buttering me up like that and how can I resist not posting more? Haha. You're very kind, Jab. Cheers for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
      Keep buttering me up like that and how can I resist not posting more? Haha. You're very kind, Jab. Cheers for that.
      Lol, keep posting my friend. If its buttering you up, fine. But the forum is a much better place with you here and any of the old regulars who know you will say the same thing, I can guarantee it!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Lol, keep posting my friend. If its buttering you up, fine. But the forum is a much better place with you here and any of the old regulars who know you will say the same thing, I can guarantee it!
        On that note, who is still around from the old days if you don't mind me asking? And since I'm seeing a lot of unfamiliar names with a quick browse, which could be expected obviously, maybe I ca ask who is who of the new guard?

Comment

Geez, don't know how my old eyes missed him the first time through here, but it's great to see my old friend, Bat, is still hanging around.

Comment

On that note, who is still around from the old days if you don't mind me asking? And since I'm seeing a lot of unfamiliar names with a quick browse, which could be expected obviously, maybe I ca ask who is who of the new guard?

Bat, Poet, and BennySt, and TerryA and a few others have recently returned. A few others have been banned, Im sure some have come back under new user names...some have left due to burnout or other reasons, and some of the trouble makers are either not allowed in the section or don't come around because I delete most of the troll post and insults. A lot of new people since you left, most willing to keep an open mind, others who just want to argue. Its about the same, just new faces. I really don't have time to go into who is who, but send me a PM and I'll fill you in tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, that was kind of a loaded question to ask about the new faces. Sorry about that. I'm sure I'll get to know some of them in time. Good to hear some of the old timers have returned, though. Remember the four guys you mentioned quite well. All good people.

Cheers, Jab.

Comment

Yeah, that was kind of a loaded question to ask about the new faces. Sorry about that. I'm sure I'll get to know some of them in time. Good to hear some of the old timers have returned, though. Remember the four guys you mentioned quite well. All good people.

Cheers, Jab.
                No worries my friend.

Comment

There were always some disputes as Yogi mentioned. One famous case was concerning Sam langford and Jack Johnson. Jack Johnson's refusal to honor an agreement made by his manager to defend against the British champion led the National Sporting Club in London, the most powerful body in boxing outside the USA, to withdraw recognition of Johnson as champion. They matched Sam Langford and the British champion William "Iron" Hague for their version of the title. Langford beat Hague on a fourth round knockout in London on May 24, 1909. Langford returned home to America and never pressed his claim to the title.

Comment

Working...
                  X