Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chin check: Will the legit GGG critics please stand up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
    Pacquiao got knocked out brutally so I guess he sucks too
    Pacquiao also went up in weight everyone once and a while.

Baby steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
      Pacquiao got knocked out brutally so I guess he sucks too
      if DJ had accomplished HALF of what Pacman did prior to being KO'd, we would not even be having this discussion.

Back on topic....for GGG this would be a good win

Comment

TS, GGG detractors didn't call jacobs a bum. His fans did
        Last edited by hhs661; 12-16-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I love all these, "if my guy wins you have to promise to say he's really special" threads.

Comment

I'll give the winner props either way. Good to see them stepping up. Winner should fight Jermall Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
              Lemieux was a great win in my book. The standards are so much higher for Golovkin for the simple fact he's knocking everybody out so his opponents look like trash. Brook, Murray were also good wins. Monroe is a solid fighter who will make anybody not named Golovkin look stupid in the ring..why u think Canelo rejected him as an opponent. .DJ will be another solid victory but will he get credit? doubt it..I mean Jacobs is "chinny" so he'll most likely get folded in half before round five . .the question is does DJ have enough power to make Golovkin respect him and not walk him down.
              Lemieux was already beaten by Rubio-Alcine, and he just came off a fight getting rocked by a no-name. Murray just struggled against a no-name 154lber too. Brook hasn't achieved anything at welter, he was even rocked by Porter. Now he's fighting a guy that's been brutally KO'd, and dropped by a guy with 26% KO rate, that's just insanely bad. Furthermore we've seen Geale move down, get destroyed, Cotto move up, become champion.

I can't think of another division like this, the top 10 contenders are struggling with journeymen level fighters and they're getting dropped/rocked by them as well.

Comment

It'll be on par with his win over Lemieux - solid and against the kind of opponents he should be fighting. It's certainly not putting him in any history books though.

BJS is better than Jacobs and the best opponent GGG has at MW - he's going to be the most elusive, skilled and can take some bombs as shown in the Eubank Jr fight.

Comment

Just don't say he don't fight anyone. It will be half way to cleaning out 16o division. Necxt bjs. Cos nelo isn't a 16o guy really

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    its not a GREAT win.. but itll be his best win
                    already downplaying it .....

but i agree honestly, jacobs is not a great fight, maybe good. outside canelo there is nothing important for GGG at 160, not even saunders or eubank jr

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
                      Well rumors are that Golovkin and Daniel Jacobs will announce their fight this weekend or Monday before the purse bid.

Espn, The Ring, and BoxRec list DJ as the #2 middleweight, while ********* has him #3 after Canelo.

So assuming this is true, and given that GGG is fighting literally the best challenger out there in his weight class, which of his critics will give him due props for it?

He's facing literally the best fighter in his class available, and not making much money for it, because DJ, while a great fighter, doesn't have a fan base.

DJ has fast hands and power, and steamrolled another very good fighter Quinn not so long ago.

I'm not saying you have to like GGG if you didn't before. But I an saying if you can't give him due credit for this fight, then you're admitting that you're just a troll, your opinions aren't based in fact, there's no real value to your opinions, and frankly we'd all be better off ignoring you.

So if this fight goes through, who is man enough to say, 'yeah I don't like GGG, but this is a good fight'? If you can't do that, you're just a hater and troll.
                      If the fight actually happens, and Golovkin performs the way that he's aleady shown he can perform against C-level opposition, Golovkin will finally have a legit scalp on his ledger and there'd no longer be doubt about his ability level.

I just don't think that the fight will happen; K2 will continue to bump their gums about "the deal is almost done", Monday will come, the bids will be placed, DiBella Entertainment will win the bid to take the fight to Brooklyn, Showtime will offer more for the fight than HBO is willing to offer, and HBO will compel K2 to get Golovkin to give up the WBA belt.

Hopefully I'm wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X