No announcement yet.

There is something severely wrong with the UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
    There is something severely wrong with the UFC & it's called Jon Jones. I know nobody will agree and they'll say ''he's only 23-24 & already beat blah blah blah''

What a 1-dimensional, extremely carefully managed tomato can this guy is.

Almost the equivalent of the Klitschko's fighting light heavyweights that can't fight in the pocket.

This guy isn't good and I don't give a **** who says he is or anything else. I have never seen such a 1-D hypejob in all my life that just so happens to look good because the top 5 are 1-D and their styles all play into his hands.

Same ****ty backkicks, spinning backfists, etc

Fighters are picking up on this & training to combat the massive size difference, unfortunately nobody at 205 has the footwork mainly to get in range.

Equivalent of JDS picking on 205 lb'ers, probably worse than tbfh

205 packs some excitement but unless we find an NBA player with anorexia of the legs, brittle-bones Jones will be sticking around for a while
    I want you to tell me exactly what Jones needs to do to prove he's legit.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
      He needs better striking, he got owned by even Machida.

He should stop fighting bum American strikers and actually go to K-1 level strikers in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
        He needs better striking, he got owned by even Machida.

He should stop fighting bum American strikers and actually go to K-1 level strikers in Europe.
        Who won that fight again ??

Comment

what does bashing the ufc have to do with jones beating everyone?? u bashing jones? ufc? or the guys that make the fights for jones? i thought u were gonna complain about the company then i read this jones crap :s

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post

Get some size on his chicken legs & move to HW where he belongs. Styles make fights right? The guys he fights are so suited to his style it's not even funny but I give props to Machida who did better than I expected but he was never going to win, his style is all so wrong for Jones.

I give Rashad no chance either, same with Hendo. Jones is simply to big for these guys, especially guys with slow feet that like to strike on the outside.

Not only does Jones have usually 3+ inch in height on these guys, he has a 10+ reach advantage & is outweighing them on fight night by probably 20lbs
            Sorry but I can't be impressed by that.

If he was so good he would go to HW where he would be a pretty big HW

Comment

Originally posted by ChampSince84 View Post
              what does bashing the ufc have to do with jones beating everyone?? u bashing jones? ufc? or the guys that make the fights for jones? i thought u were gonna complain about the company then i read this jones crap :s

I was a bit drunk, it's Christmas & probably did go a bit overboard with the post. It doesn't change my mind & the fact I think this guy is simply beating these guys because they're made for him and he is way, way too big for the division.

Comment

Struve has similar physical advantages but hasn't been able to have anywhere near as much success as Jones.

Obviously his size is a factor, but it's not the only thing. I don't agree about him being one dimensional either, after arguably losing the first round to Machida standing, he switched it up and started using his grappling. Not exactly genius-level strategy but it's better than people like Pat Barry, Roger Gracie, Kongo (maybe you could also include Rampage and Brock) who only have one approach and tend to stick with it without much variation.

I know his fanboys are really OTT and annoying but no need to go to the other extreme either.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Struve has similar physical advantages but hasn't been able to have anywhere near as much success as Jones.

Obviously his size is a factor, but it's not the only thing. I don't agree about him being one dimensional either, after arguably losing the first round to Machida standing, he switched it up and started using his grappling. Not exactly genius-level strategy but it's better than people like Pat Barry, Roger Gracie, Kongo (maybe you could also include Rampage and Brock) who only have one approach and tend to stick with it without much variation.

I know his fanboys are really OTT and annoying but no need to go to the other extreme either.

pound for pound, struve does the best stanky leg in the game.

Comment

Why hasnt the size factor come into play with steffan bonnar? He is about the same size as jones but that hasnt helped him much. Anthony johnson was also a HUGE WW and got beat by kos. Size over ur opponent place a somewhat big part advantage but its not all about the size of the fighter

Comment

Originally posted by ChampSince84 View Post
                      Why hasnt the size factor come into play with steffan bonnar? He is about the same size as jones but that hasnt helped him much. Anthony johnson was also a HUGE WW and got beat by kos. Size over ur opponent place a somewhat big part advantage but its not all about the size of the fighter

Stephen Bonnar Is a gatekeeper at best, almost a bum. Sure he is a big guy but he don't use that to his advantage and is very average in most/all departments. He is just a big lump that can take a clattering. Who is his best win? Kyle Kingsbury? A guy that got blasted by Maldonado & gave a give decision.

I agree it's not about size but if you have it and know how to use it, you're on to a winner.

Forget the size etc, put Maldonado in with guys prone to be open to bodyshots and not take them well, would they do well?

How about a great striker against a wrestler that has no chin & is **** on their feet but loves to trade?

Face it struve has only got as far as he has from sheer size & the guys got no chin at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X