Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Universal Healthcare Proposal.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am curious as to why most of the funding for Obama's plan has to come from cutting Medicaire by 500 billion dollars over the next 10 years. Are older people really less important to treat? Which begs the question, who's writing this monstrosity anyway?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...are_98499.html

Barry promised us that unemployment wouldn't go above 8% if we passed his 800 billion dollar "Stimulus" bill. 9.8% last time I checked, the highest in 26 years. Do we have any idea what this bill, which won't even kick in for 5 years (though we start paying for it right away,) and won't cover all Americans even when it does, will cost?

Why are Congress passing bills that they don't even read?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
      A great way (and poetic justice) to fund it would be to pass a 1% tobin tax on all Wall st. derivative speculation.

These *******s speculate on everything and nothing they do gets taxed. Tax Wall St. speculation at 1% and you can easily, and I mean easily pay for it that way.

Thats how much those *******s gamble w/ YOUR MONEY.

Of course, that will be difficult to pass because the government works for Wall st. so having them pass that tax would be like shooting themselves in the foot.
      Obama IS Wall Street. Believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        I am curious as to why most of the funding for Obama's plan has to come from cutting Medicaire by 500 billion dollars over the next 10 years. Are older people really less important to treat? Which begs the question, who's writing this monstrosity anyway?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...are_98499.html

Barry promised us that unemployment wouldn't go above 8% if we passed his 800 billion dollar "Stimulus" bill. 9.8% last time I checked, the highest in 26 years. Do we have any idea what this bill, which won't even kick in for 5 years (though we start paying for it right away,) and won't cover all Americans even when it does, will cost?

Why are Congress passing bills that they don't even read?

Great points jeffries. The fact that medicare is being cut really makes you wonder about those "death panels" doesn't it?

As for the unemployment and stimulus, its simple. Obama is a liar. The stimulus was stacked about 40 to 1 for the government and corporations vs. the people.

Most of that money was pure giveaways while a small % went to unemployment, food stamps etc.

Its a joke.

Comment

Great points jeffries. The fact that medicare is being cut really makes you wonder about those "death panels" doesn't it?

As for the unemployment and stimulus, its simple. Obama is a liar. The stimulus was stacked about 40 to 1 for the government and corporations vs. the people.

Most of that money was pure giveaways while a small % went to unemployment, food stamps etc.

Its a joke.
          Supposedly what those cuts were for is that people's medicare is being cut and instead they're giving it to the doctors to bribe them to support the reform plan

Comment

Issue every U.S Citizen and legal resident a little card with your name on it just like the people who get medicare get.

You then take that card in whenever you need to see a doctor and voila...you're covered.

Thats universal healthcare, easy, effective and free.

No confusing talk about "single payer", "public options" or any of that bull****.

What the clown prince douchebag is talking about is forcing everyone to give money to private insurance companies to buy insurance from them. Isn't unconstitutional to force people to give money to private corporations under state orders???

WOW!!! How amazing! Fascism under left cover.

Obama's proposal is a massive gift for the private insurance companies and a massive power grab for the fed's all at once.

You gotta give it to the guy, he's pretty damn good at fooling morons.
            That's precisely the system used in Canada. I thought you were opposed to the Canadian system?

And no, that isn't me on the card.

Comment

I also understand that Obama is on record saying that ideally he wanted to introduce universal healthcare in the manner you propose but that people in the US are too resistant to "socialized healthcare" so he's going for a compromise.

Comment

healthcare is a privilege not a right...

govt needs to get the **** out of the business and let market dynamics lower costs and improve service...

its such **** that routine physicals etc are covered by insurance, thats like oil changes being covered by geico....

once govt gets their big fat nose in business prices almost immediately inflate and competition is neglected...

such ****... its quite simple

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
                  Thats a pretty cool concept there but...where does the money COME FROM??????

You just cant go to the doctor...hand them a card that says basically the government will pick up the tab...where does the government get the money to pay these doctors/dentists/etc.???

for EVERY united states resident!?!?!

where does the money come from? you're going to have to put something into the pot to pay for it all.
                  Lots of governments do it. Places like some Euro countries and Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    and, aside from the govt lies, we all know how thats workin for them...

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      Quoting myself:

A great way (and poetic justice) to fund it would be to pass a 1% tobin tax on all Wall st. derivative speculation.

These *******s speculate on everything and nothing they do gets taxed. Tax Wall St. speculation at 1% and you can easily, and I mean easily pay for it that way.

Thats how much those *******s gamble w/ YOUR MONEY.

Of course, that will be difficult to pass because the government works for Wall st. so having them pass that tax would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

Working...
                      X