No announcement yet.

Let's stop overusing the label "world class"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
    He also has a silver medal and has multiple title fights in different countries. GGG is a world level fighter.

Not Joshua or Martin.
    Multiple title fights against who? He has not fought World class competition at all..

Comment

Keep hearing this everywhere. People are trying to tell me Joshua is world class. No. Not even close.

Only the elite are world class. Kovalev, GGG. These are world class fighters. Won belts in MULTIPLE countries. That is world class.

You're wrong. Totally wrong.

This post is pure fail

a world class fighter is anyone who is ranked highly enough to fight for a world title, and obviously, anyone who wins a world title

all legit contenders are world class. even someone like Robert Guerrero is world class

ELITE is a different, way superior thing

elite is the cream of the crop, the Pacquiaos, Mayweathers, Wards, Kovalevs, the top P4P

All elites are world class fighters, but not all world class fighters are elite
      Last edited by lopetego; 04-07-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        You're wrong. Totally wrong.

This post is pure fail

a world class fighter is anyone who is ranked highly enough to fight for a world title, and obviously, anyone who wins a world title

all legit contenders are world class.

ELITE is a different, way superior thing

elite is the cream of the crop, the Pacquiaos, Mayweathers, Wards, Kovalevs, the top P4P are the elites

All elites are world class fighters, but not all world class fighters are elite
        you're confusing world level with world class. Elite means top 30 or so. You mentioned all time greats. Generational fighters.

Comment

you're confusing world level with world class. Elite means top 30 or so. You mentioned all time greats. Generational fighters.
          You're the one who have things reversed

Elite is the best of the best, the creme de la creme, very few fighters are elite

When you say ¨the rich elite¨ , you're refering to the richest, most powerful people, the ones who control the economy and therefore the world.

not just some random chump who won the lottery and bought a big mansion and a lamborghini. The guy might be rich, but he'd be far from elite

Comment

Yes you need style, class and grace to become part of high society. Money is not enough. Manners account for a lot. There is polite society then there is the privileged. Different levels.

Comment

This thread sucks. Joshua and Martin are 2 of the best heavyweightfighters on the planet. They survived the amateur system, passed all their tests on their early pro careers and built themselves into world class contenders competing for world championship belts.

Their hard work and commitment got them this far and they earned the right to be called world class and bitter internet trolls who just sit behind a keyboard spewing negativity won't change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I think the term world class should be used more. If a guy who's ranked in the top ten of a division with over 1,200 active boxers isn't world class I think the line is too high & unreasonable.
                I've always felt the same. It's like anyone who's not elite and at the absolute pinacle is a journeyman

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  I've always felt the same. It's like anyone who's not elite and at the absolute pinacle is a journeyman
                  I think we need to stop overusing the label "******ed".

But not in the case of this thread where it is most appropriate.

:bukkake:

Comment

Working...
                  X