Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had good moments but just seemed his marbles werent all there the last couple of years. Thank you for the memories both good and bad

Comment

by the end of his run he was really starting to become bitter. that said, he's said some profound stuff over the years. he's been right next to the apron for countless HUGE fights. the man is a legend.

he's in his goddamn 80's.

thanks for the memories. here's one of my favorites:

this was before my time:

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppapump View Post
        larry merchant will end his unprecedented 35-year run as a ringside boxing commentator for hbo sports with the season finale of world championship boxing® this saturday night (9:30 p.m. Et/pt) from houston. Following the telecast, merchant will be moving into another phase of his wide-ranging career.

[click here to read more]
        nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Thanks Larry

for all youve done and all your quirky comments too! To all the haters, EAD, Kellerman sux

Comment

Nooo, damn Merchant is the man. Hope he is ok in health. Damn Steward now Merchant.

Comment

I think it's time he hung them up, so to speak.

Will be an emotional night for him.
              Last edited by IronDanHamza; 12-13-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I mean as commentators before you guys act like I meant death

Comment

Smart, articulate, unimpeachable honesty - whether it was what people wanted to hear or not - and steeped in boxing history and it's traditions; essentially, everything his detractors aren't.

Comment

merchant is truly a boxing poet. will be missed.

HBO need to fire your ass! you dont know shet about boxing!!!!!

i kid i kid merchants a living legend.

Comment

Finally

I have been waiting for this for a couple of years now. Kellerman is so much better with interviews and commentary.

Comment

Working...
                      X