Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people accusing pacquiao of cherry picking ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people accusing pacquiao of cherry picking ?

i don't hate floyd , and i'm not a " ******* " i just think that mayweather had an easier road and was more protected than pacquiao , and it's ridiculous to claim that the last 3 fights tanished pacquiao's legacy , bob arum and GBP couldn't do business together , it's not his fault , he fought the available fighters .

and i aslo hate when pacquiao haters try to diminish some of his wins by claming fighter X was physicaly or mentaly damaged etc.... ( i will do the same , just to prove that it can be done to any fighter )

i also think ,achievement-wise : pacquiao > mayweather ( but i'm picking floyd to win if this fight ever happens )

let's look at their careers , mayweather :

first world title : he beat a unmotivated Genaro Hernandez who was talking retirement even before the fight , and let's not forget that he didn't even deserve to fight for the tittle , he got it because was hyped like hell since he was an olympic medalist

title defence : diego coralles , his best win IMO . but let's not forget that diego was facing jail time in that time , he was obviously not mentally strong for a fight of that magnitude . just after the fight he went to jail for 14 months ,and fought again 2 years after the mayweather loss

lightweight title : first fight against castillo , barely won the first fight , and won the second convincingly , still nothing to " WOW " about

Super Lightweight title : beat a washed up arturo gatti , nothing to see here

welterweight title : win against Zab Judah ,who was just coming from loss, and let's not forget that when judah is not " super zab" he can be a underachiever who's mentally weak in big fights ( Kostya Tszyu , first cory spinks fight , loss to baldomir , KO'd by cotto etc... )
    then he beat baldomir, good win , but we all know that carlos is an ATG right ? , a first ballot hall of famer for sure...

super welterweight : beat oscar ( was not an easy fight ) , needless to say oscar was like 7 years past his prime
    hatton : smaller guy , who's fighting outside his natural weight class

add to that that floyd avoided unification fights like the plague , avoided lot of top 10 fighters, didn't want to fight cotto / margarito / williams and others ..

pacquiao

- lineal flyweight title at age 20 : he beat Chatchai Sasakul , the guy who took the title from Yuri Arbachakov , one of boxing P4p greats at the time
    - won the IBF super bantamweight title in his first fight in the us against Lehlohonolo Ledwaba , ranked no 3 in the world at the time . just after the fight he fought agapito sanchez for unification bout ( mayweather never fought title holders in his division )
    - featherweight : he beats the lineal champ , ranked n 4 P4p at the time . haters will tell you he was " washed up " but MAB was the lineal champ and was a major player in the rankings , he was ranked by ring magazine in the top 10 until 2006
    then , without even catching a break, he fought marquez ,another P4p ranked fighter , and just after that , he faced yet again a P4P fighter in morales . 3 top 10 P4p in less than two years ...
    he then went on to avenge the loss to morales , some ******ed people claim that manny " ducked " zaheer raheem , seriously ? the guy just fought 3 of the best fighters in the world , he earned the right to avenge his loss , and what did this zaheer rahem ever do ? he never became a world champion as far as i know ....
    and then there is the hatton ko . manny fought him in his natural weight , ricky was the lineal champion , and contrary to popular belief , mayweather didn't " ruin " him , he was coming from two wins , including a KO win over malignaggi .and i don't think PBF possesses that kind of power that would " ruin " careers and lives ...

Comment

I didn't take the time to read much, as these Pac & May threads got tiresome about a year ago. Bottom line: Pac is cherry picking. Floyd cherry picks too. end of story.

Comment

Yeah anyway Glen Johnson looks weight drained.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          Heck no man, Glen is in great shape. You will see tonight, once he beats Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
            i don't hate floyd , and i'm not a " ******* " i just think that mayweather had an easier road and was more protected than pacquiao , and it's ridiculous to claim that the last 3 fights tanished pacquiao's legacy , bob arum and GBP couldn't do business together , it's not his fault , he fought the available fighters .

and i aslo hate when pacquiao haters try to diminish some of his wins by claming fighter X was physicaly or mentaly damaged etc.... ( i will do the same , just to prove that it can be done to any fighter )

i also think ,achievement-wise : pacquiao > mayweather ( but i'm picking floyd to win if this fight ever happens )

let's look at their careers , mayweather :

first world title : he beat a unmotivated Genaro Hernandez who was talking retirement even before the fight , and let's not forget that he didn't even deserve to fight for the tittle , he got it because was hyped like hell since he was an olympic medalist

title defence : diego coralles , his best win IMO . but let's not forget that diego was facing jail time in that time , he was obviously not mentally strong for a fight of that magnitude . just after the fight he went to jail for 14 months ,and fought again 2 years after the mayweather loss

lightweight title : first fight against castillo , barely won the first fight , and won the second convincingly , still nothing to " WOW " about

Super Lightweight title : beat a washed up arturo gatti , nothing to see here

welterweight title : win against Zab Judah ,who was just coming from loss, and let's not forget that when judah is not " super zab" he can be a underachiever who's mentally weak in big fights ( Kostya Tszyu , first cory spinks fight , loss to baldomir , KO'd by cotto etc... )
            then he beat baldomir, good win , but we all know that carlos is an ATG right ? , a first ballot hall of famer for sure...

super welterweight : beat oscar ( was not an easy fight ) , needless to say oscar was like 7 years past his prime
            hatton : smaller guy , who's fighting outside his natural weight class

add to that that floyd avoided unification fights like the plague , avoided lot of top 10 fighters, didn't want to fight cotto / margarito / williams and others ..

pacquiao

- lineal flyweight title at age 20 : he beat Chatchai Sasakul , the guy who took the title from Yuri Arbachakov , one of boxing P4p greats at the time
            - won the IBF super bantamweight title in his first fight in the us against Lehlohonolo Ledwaba , ranked no 3 in the world at the time . just after the fight he fought agapito sanchez for unification bout ( mayweather never fought title holders in his division )
            - featherweight : he beats the lineal champ , ranked n 4 P4p at the time . haters will tell you he was " washed up " but MAB was the lineal champ and was a major player in the rankings , he was ranked by ring magazine in the top 10 until 2006
            then , without even catching a break, he fought marquez ,another P4p ranked fighter , and just after that , he faced yet again a P4P fighter in morales . 3 top 10 P4p in less than two years ...
            he then went on to avenge the loss to morales , some ******ed people claim that manny " ducked " zaheer raheem , seriously ? the guy just fought 3 of the best fighters in the world , he earned the right to avenge his loss , and what did this zaheer rahem ever do ? he never became a world champion as far as i know ....
            and then there is the hatton ko . manny fought him in his natural weight , ricky was the lineal champion , and contrary to popular belief , mayweather didn't " ruin " him , he was coming from two wins , including a KO win over malignaggi .and i don't think PBF possesses that kind of power that would " ruin " careers and lives ...

Obviously, Pacquiao has sought out the the best and the toughest fights.

A good way to see if a fighter is cherry picking, is to put side by side the top ten fights they have had and the top ten fights they missed out on, if the latter is clearly a better list that the former then the fighter is probably a cherry picker.

Also be careful of a revisionist history, e.g Pacquiao was a 3/1 underdog against Oscar, people called is a mismatch in Oscar's favour and was deemed and extremely tough fight for Pacquiao before the fight. After the fight people decided to revise history and what they had said and called Pacquiao a cherry picker for taking that fight.

Comment

Glen's skin tend to wrinkle in visible parts hence he looked drained.

But I expect an upset.

Comment

I don't think he was drained Burner,he came in 2lbs under,seems like he was not struggling to make weight to me.Anyway I like both guys,wish both the best.I expect Frock to win but won't be too shocked if johnson does.Good fight for boxing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post

Glen's skin tend to wrinkle in visible parts hence he looked drained.

But I expect an upset.
                  I know, I thought it was me but glen is starting to look like those dogs that have the wrinkly face.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Obviously, Pacquiao has sought out the the best and the toughest fights.

A good way to see if a fighter is cherry picking, is to put side by side the top ten fights they have had and the top ten fights they missed out on, if the latter is clearly a better list that the former then the fighter is probably a cherry picker.

Also be careful of a revisionist history, e.g Pacquiao was a 3/1 underdog against Oscar, people called is a mismatch in Oscar's favour and was deemed and extremely tough fight for Pacquiao before the fight. After the fight people decided to revise history and what they had said and called Pacquiao a cherry picker for taking that fight.

same thing was said before the cotto and margarito fights

Comment

Working...
                    X