No announcement yet.

Congress now has enough support, Democrats and Republicans, to end shutdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    Just look up what the words "strawman" and "anecdote" mean.

You seem to think your "Promised to make Mexico pay for the wall" and "They loved it til it was called Obamacare" stuff is the height of psychological chess, but they're tactics most third-graders would roll their eyes at.

I'm reaching out and offering you a whole new world of language and symbols. Put down that fried hot dog, turn off that daytime TV and come with me, you lower-class scum.
    stick to weird sexual theories. That is all you are good for.

Trump and his surrogates made these statements during debates, during campaign speeches and TV inetrviews. Yet somehow you want them to be just anecdotes that don't reflect policy, platform or priority of his administration. You are entitled to your opinion Dinesh DeSlurp.

Now please, go back to your silly psycho sexual socioeconomic political theory. We all need a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Trump doesn't give a sh-t about the wall other than his desire to get a win since he couldn't repeal Obamacare. Stop pretending he is some patriot that cares about the US.

Trump is reviled by many, which is why people on both sides of the aisle are not giving him what he wants. Sometimes when you find yourself on the same side with idiots like Trump and 1bad65, you change your vote.

And then when a more reasonable, intelligent and less toxic person comes along, you change back.
      what are you talking about?

the obamacare **** was handled....

now if someone doesnt have insurance they are not gonna get "taxed" from the IRS for it..... that was the MAJOR issue that alot of americans had with that. (that and many didnt get to keep their doctor or their plan etc)

so what if he wants to keep his promise of the wall that he stated through his campaign in 2016....

if he didnt go through with it most if not all democrats would just say that trump didnt get to do what he promised.

you say that about both sides......

again did you forget they are politicians?

idk about you but I trust them as far as I can throw them.

The DNC colluded within itself to tank bernie sanders and have Hillary clinton as the projected winner.....

DNC got caught leaking questions and data to the clinton campagin PRIOR to the debates etc.....

but you still cheer for them.....

why even bother?

Comment

Of course you can . Trump supporters do this all the time. May I remind you that you clowns are the very same people that supported the Affordable Care Act when it was called that but said you hated it when it was called Obamacare.

You fucking clowns are unreal.
        show some proof of anyone here doing that ill wait........

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
          now all those politicians are mad as hell.....

fuck their little mini vacations....

they need to do their jobs and negotiate to end the shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            what are you talking about?

the obamacare **** was handled....

now if someone doesnt have insurance they are not gonna get "taxed" from the IRS for it..... that was the MAJOR issue that alot of americans had with that. (that and many didnt get to keep their doctor or their plan etc)

so what if he wants to keep his promise of the wall that he stated through his campaign in 2016....

if he didnt go through with it most if not all democrats would just say that trump didnt get to do what he promised.

you say that about both sides......

again did you forget they are politicians?

idk about you but I trust them as far as I can throw them.

The DNC colluded within itself to tank bernie sanders and have Hillary clinton as the projected winner.....

DNC got caught leaking questions and data to the clinton campagin PRIOR to the debates etc.....

but you still cheer for them.....

why even bother?
            Pivoting to Sanders/Clinton. hahaha.

Javi just accept the fact that elected officials can't risk going back to their constituents looking like they support Trump and his intiatives because he is extremely unpopular (39% approval rating last week if I am correct) and toxic.

The game doesn't change because Trump is here. if he had a over 50% approval rating then Pelosi would be forced to the table. His popularity approval rating is upside down and he doesn't look like his "rub" will work in swing states at the moment.

He was warned by Repubs the wall wasn't the issue to die on the vine for. Maybe it works out but so far he's been completely outflanked by Pelosi and now McConnell.

Comment

show some proof of anyone here doing that ill wait........
              Don't be a f@g you've seen the numbers and know what i am talking about. if you want to play semantics do so.

Comment

this will be heavily ignored so Ill bump it

by dreamerUSA:

I must be missing something here. Even if they pass something, if Trump vetos it, how are they going to get 2/3 of the votes to over ride his veto?

People talking about holding government hostage, three separate branches of government, obstructing the checks and balances.... yada yada yada. What exactly is Trump doing that isn't within his constitutional rights? I'll wait.
                I imagine the more time that passes the more likely you can convert 51 into 2/3's. And you could argue hours matter let alone days or weeks this could take before Trump were to not rubber stamp it.

And who's saying Trump is doing anything anti-constitutional??? I think most just think this is a bad move & others unaffiliated to both sides like myself, don't see how Trump will spin this in a way that doesn't create a negative Trump base that unlike most negative Trumpers will take their case to the polls next year.

Sorta thinking this could be Trump's way of getting out of this job he maybe didn't really want initially or he's misplayed the level of p#ssy the D's have cuz I even expected the D's to bend over by now cuz those mfers usually lack the courage of their convictions.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  I must be missing something here. Even if they pass something, if Trump vetos it, how are they going to get 2/3 of the votes to over ride his veto?

People talking about holding government hostage, three separate branches of government, obstructing the checks and balances.... yada yada yada. What exactly is Trump doing that isn't within his constitutional rights? I'll wait.
                  The bill the House passed was sent over from the Senate in December with 90 votes. The new House voted and passed it. McConnell won't bring it back to the Senate floor for a vote

Comment

imo doesnt matter.....

pelosi CLEARLY stated that she wont and she will never negotiate for border security/wall/fence whatever you wanna call it.

so lets say they open it back up.... then the negotiations will star....... oh wait again pelosi said she wasnt gonna negotiate.
                    Has Trump tried negotiating with Mexico to write that check he claimed they'd write for the wall?

Comment

stick to weird sexual theories. That is all you are good for.

Trump and his surrogates made these statements during debates, during campaign speeches and TV inetrviews. Yet somehow you want them to be just anecdotes that don't reflect policy, platform or priority of his administration. You are entitled to your opinion Dinesh DeSlurp.

Now please, go back to your silly psycho sexual socioeconomic political theory. We all need a laugh.
                      I was trying to be friendly and help you. You were neither genetically gifted with high intelligence nor blessed with traditional education. You derive your political views from Dr. Phil, Oprah and Jimmy Kimmel. You live off of frozen corndogs.

Transforming tongue-in-cheek soundbites into "broken political promises" will have a net effect of zero. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a logical error on your end. Conservatives are aware of why they voted for Trump, and had that been due to a literal promise to make Mexico pay for the wall, there would be organic outrage/disappointment.

Yet that soundbite only went viral among the far-left, who already weren't voting for Trump, because the whole point was to fortify them against a fictionally dumb enemy team. Do you see how this strawman has a net effect of zero in every direction?

"Conservatives loved it before it was called Obamacare" is anecdotal. Surely a conservative loved it before it was called Obamcare.

Do you see how, by simply knowing words like strawman and anecdotal, you can see yourself through the eyes of others and catch yourself in the future when you start to make an overly obvious "mindgame" attempt?
                      Last edited by ////; 01-17-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X