Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Eubank jr uppercut the best in the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Eubanks hasn't landed it on world class opponents so hard to say it's the best
    But it must be pretty good if u tell your opponent u will use it but can still land it. Maybe Nick didn't think eubank would use it and thought eubank was bluffing
    Good call.
    Nick didn't seem to have an answer for it and it knocked the legs out of the poor fella. He just kept getting hit with the uppercut and he didn't have an answer for it. No lateral movement of the head or the feet.
    After a while it was landing constantly and it didn't make for pretty viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      I'd still like to see Eubank have another 3-4 fights in the next 12 months to continue his progression further.

Working with Booth resulted in huge improvement (the O'Sullivan fight being his best display). I wish they'd have continued that work as he was developing quickly and noticeably. Better footwork, better punch set-up, better jab, combinations...he was looking tremendous.

I think he's ready now to beat both Jacobs and Saunders (comfortably), but those would be good fights to learn and progress ahead of a potential Golovkin fight. Jr would most certainly have no worries about his power.
      I'll watch the Sullivan fight tonight when I am home I haven't seen it. And I wasn't even aware he had worked with Booth, what was the reason for separating after a solitary fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by rudy
        Quote:

Originally Posted by denium

Tis a thing of beauty. GGG doesn't want that work.

Have some repsect you cretin,
        This is the hurt game, if you don't like discussing boxing I suggest you stick to rounders

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          I'll watch the Sullivan fight tonight when I am home I haven't seen it. And I wasn't even aware he had worked with Booth, what was the reason for separating after a solitary fight ?

Nobody seems to know the actual reason, but it seems like Eubank Sr's doing.

As much as I like Sr not allowing promoters to dictate Jr's career, his involvement in the training side is holding Jr back. He was progressing very well with Booth (Jeter and O'Sullivan fights) and it's a shame he's no longer there. I thought he looked fantastic against O'Sullivan doing things he hadn't done very much of before.

Comment

Working...
          X