No announcement yet.

It is getting so bad here in Memphis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    I think me and you could reasonably take over Australia.

We can divide the territory into two empires.

I'll claim Jordania.

You will lay claim to Kobestan.

We shall exile Brush to LeBrickstonia.
    i dunno. australians are scrappy.

and i don't feel like getting shot with an AUSTEYR.

Comment

• hey BG, why'd you ban me anyway?

you sick of being too chubby to post a shirtless?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        horses and water, guys. horses and water.
        Horses can swim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Horses can swim.

quite well. so can a lot of mammals.

Comment

muh guns have nothing to do with industry!

it's all about muh guns. they're all i understand.

muh guns are the extent of my understanding of the phenomenon. you are not taking muh guns.

i'm dumb enough to think this debate is about muh guns
            You dropped the ball here man

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              New England still hasn't presented his theory or argument on why he thinks gun control is coming down the pike.

I just don't know how gun control advocates can affect any meaningful gun legislation given our current political climate.
              Originally posted by New England View Post

you sick of being too chubby to post a shirtless?
              When pressed for an answer, New England always ultimately resorts to "yo post a pic of yourself mane"

Comment

muh guns have nothing to do with industry!

it's all about muh guns. they're all i understand.

muh guns are the extent of my understanding of the phenomenon. you are not taking muh guns.

i'm dumb enough to think this debate is about muh guns
                listen nitwit.

i'll explain it to you because you're not well informed.

guns are cheap. u.s. military gun programs are relatively inexpensive.

and most our guns aren't even usa companies.

our handguns are berettas. italian company.

our machine guns and rifles are FN herstal. belgian.

so guns are not the u.s. military-industrial complex.

and our "IMPERIALISM" is due to oil and other resources and industries.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  When pressed for an answer, New England always ultimately resorts to "yo post a pic of yourself mane"

I'm waiting on a NE shirtless with him toting a AR-15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    we're talking about crime and gun laws.

nitwit starts talking about the military, military industrial complex, american imperialism.
                    Because he knows the facts destroy his argument. Thus red herrings and obfuscation have to be employed.

"It is a common fantasy that gun bans make society safer. In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

- In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
                    - Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
                    - Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

- Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
                    - During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
                    - Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
                    - Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
                    - At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
                    - Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

While this doesn't prove that more guns would impact crime rates, it does prove that gun control is a flawed policy. Furthermore, this highlights the most important point: gun banners promote failed policy regardless of the consequences to the people who must live with them, says the Examiner.

Source: Howard Nemerov, "Australia experiencing more violent crime despite gun ban," Free Republic, April 9, 2009."

Source:
                    http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.ph...ticle_ID=17847

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                      where i live currently everyone probably owns 20 guns per household (including me) and the annual murder rate is... none

politicians blame guns because inanimate objects are easy scapegoats but i dunno why people on an anonymous internet forum would honestly believe that's the problem

globalized economy = no chance of getting a decent job without an education = cities with wiped out traditional economies fill up with rejects who mug each other

the guys making money off the global labor trade where you export work (or import labor) for pennies on the dollar are thrilled when people are distracted and turn it into a debate about guns, religion, race, gender etc
                      Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

And yet you only cite gun ownership as a factor. What about demographics and socioeconomic factors?
                      Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      NRA has 3-4 million members.
                      NRA gets millions of dollars from gun companies.

NRA is considered very powerful. only AARP is in their league.
                      Originally posted by -jose- View Post

shit-shave-shower-semi
                      Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      I'm waiting on a NE shirtless with him toting a AR-15.
                      it has to be shirtless, so we can see how hard your nipples are

Comment

Working...
                      X