Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers who have fought thru serious injuries against elite opponents and still WON

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ndre ward fought his entire career with a bum shoulder and just got it square recently

Joe Frazier was half blind in one of the biggest fights in history going in Ali 3

Mayweather and his family have notoriously brittle hands...fought through hand n shoulder issues

Gatti cut like a 2 dollar trick

I think clottey and margarito were both injured in their fight

Sam langforde and harry greb had impaired vision...vision...I'd rather see a punch coming or the opponent than complain after a clear loss about a sore shoulder

The list goes on...already knew the excuses would come as usual....they 175 years old...they both banged up....some warrior PAC man

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
      Ummm, Manny fought 12 rounds with a torn rotator cuff - which is extremely painful. Dude tried to make it a fight, but Floyd did his typical "make it a stinker" routine.

I bet your weak ass wouldn't fight a single round with a torn fingernail, much less a rotator cuff.
      I thought he injured it in round 3....

Comment

real warriors

True ****ing warriors!

Comment

When I beat Bernard Hopkins and won the IBF the right was hurt beat him with the left yall must've forgot

Comment

I remember seeing an interview where Cotto stated he had a broken finger in the Judah fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
              If this "injury" occurred in the 3rd round, why did Pacquiao lose the first 3 rounds and win the 4th big? Why didn't we see him shaking it or telling his corner anything about it, I mean he was still using it after that in the fight and after the fight he raised both his hands in the air for the fans and he didn't cringe or show any signs of pain at all, and right after the fight he didn't say anything about any injuries. They said the injury happened like 3 weeks before the fight and they used to inject it during training camp and it didn't feel bad at all, if that's true, why didn't they tell the commission about it so that they can get the injection on fight night?! Freddie Roach is the 7 time trainer of the year, he KNEW u can't take pain killers without a proif of injury, otherwise all fighters will take them then don't feel any punches landed on them during the fight. **** just doesn't add up!
              Maybe there was an injury, but it's evident from Pacquiao's behavior that it was really a minor injury and he should've fought through it, at the end of the day it's his left hand that's been his money punch all along, he didn't even try to throw it often enough cuz he didn't wanna get countered, so to me he doesn't deserve any credit, he lost and got outclassed in a fight that wasn't even close.

Exactly!!!! Didn't seem like his right was bothering him AT ALL.

Comment

Floyd was such a warrior he never even tried to engage with an injured man. Don't get it twisted. Pacquiao wanted to fight despite the injury but the other guy was avoiding any action.
                Last edited by Alibata; 05-06-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao's injury was even as bad as he's making it out to be.....nsac has investigated and found out that the doctors said his injuries were so minor that an antiinflammatory shot would nonsense and unnecessary. Face it pac f@gs.....you god is a ****ing b1tch, a fraud and a ****ing liar.

Comment

Gatti busting his hand on Ward's hip.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      ndre ward fought his entire career with a bum shoulder and just got it square recently

Joe Frazier was half blind in one of the biggest fights in history going in Ali 3

Mayweather and his family have notoriously brittle hands...fought through hand n shoulder issues

Gatti cut like a 2 dollar trick

I think clottey and margarito were both injured in their fight

Sam langforde and harry greb had impaired vision...vision...I'd rather see a punch coming or the opponent than complain after a clear loss about a sore shoulder

The list goes on...already knew the excuses would come as usual....they 175 years old...they both banged up....some warrior PAC man
                      Yes. Plenty of the old timers fought through severe injuries against other top fighters. Gans, Nelson, Langford etc. The list goes on and on.

In recent times Mikkel Kessler has fought through several severe injuries and won. Abraham also had that unforgettable broken jaw against Miranda. Helenius has fought through a bad shoulder injury to win a (debateable) decision against Chisora. Many more have done it, but these are still exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                      X