Finally watched Cotto vs Marg 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
    [/B]

Indeed, I don't see why some posters take fights so personal. I was rooting for Cotto but I was not going to "cry" if he lost. After all, it's competition. The problem is the nationalistic trolling that gets way out of hand too often. Without that, it's all okay.
    They are half the PPV buyers

Comment

I never knew Margo has one punch ko power.. The fact is that Margorito didnt lay the foundation for a late ko there wasn't enought punches to body.. Cotto was not gassing out he had his best punch output in the 9th round with 58% of his power punches. If anybody was going to get ko it was margarito

Comment

Originally posted by texas1 View Post
        Cotto looked weak after the 9th, I think there was a chance Margarito could have hurt him and put him down. He even gave that same wink to his corner like he knew he was getting lit up.
        I wonder why people think this. I watched round 9 couple times, cotto still maintained control and landed shots. At this point i think he felt comfortable to sit nd trade more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
          I wonder why people think this. I watched round 9 couple times, cotto still maintained control and landed shots. At this point i think he felt comfortable to sit nd trade more.
          That was Margo's "best round" but Cotto owned him.

Comment

Originally posted by WombBat View Post
            Everyone that is responding to your comments are Cotto fans, i am with you on your assessment. Not saying Margarito was winning or what not, but Margarito did a lot more damage then was accredited, the bias was apparent.
            Why dont u put one of those punch stats for Cotto vs Margarito...lol

Comment

Come on you know it was a weak stoppage, you're right Cotto was exhausted all that pressure was getting to him. And the fact that Margarito seemed happy to be in there banging it up was ****ing with his head. I think there would have been a little more closure if it would have kept going. Cotto's strategy of holding and trying to smother the punches helped out a lot this time around, but It looked like he was finally breaking down a little bit towards the end of the fight.
              It was a good stoppage the dude had two major eye surgery with in one year . It shows how much you care about margo that you want him to risk his eye and life just to see if he can win some rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
                Why dont u put one of those punch stats for Cotto vs Margarito...lol
                people somehow think that although Cotto was connecting 51% of his power punches....it was going to get better for Margarito with one eye shut.

Comment

Originally posted by juanitoboxing View Post
                  people somehow think that although Cotto was connecting 51% of his power punches....it was going to get better for Margarito with one eye shut.
                  Theyre just stupid.

I was at the fight and the pro Cotto crowd was screaming to let Cotto finish him....they were yelling let them fight!

Comment

Cotto looked weak after the 9th, I think there was a chance Margarito could have hurt him and put him down. He even gave that same wink to his corner like he knew he was getting lit up.
                    Are you talking about this wink??

Comment

How can you tell he was winking ??? He would be stumbling around rings at the point lol

Comment

Working...
                      X