Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian losses in WWII against Germany.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian losses in WWII against Germany.

23.1 million dead
    87,000 Tanks and self propelled guns
    63,500 Aircraft

The Nazi-Soviet war was 20 times the size of the Western theater in terms of scale, man-power and fighting units (which began at Normandy where Germany had only 8% of its fighting force). At the finish of the war Nazi Germany were around 5yrs (allies) and 12yrs (Soviet) ahead technologically. Advanced Submarines, Gun, Jet, Tank design and rocket development were far superior to any Allied weapons even until the outbreak of the Korean war (see appendix 5.1)

Ok was a copy and paste but lets salute the old Ruskies.

Umm The Russains made it to Berlin.. The Germans never made it to Moscow.. Not only did the Russians NOT lose to Germany.. But they defeated Germany.. by the time The Yanks arrived.. it was to simply stop the Russians from taking over ALL of Europe..

Doesn't matter how many dead or Equipment lost.. what matters who is still standing..

Comment

Ok I see you are saying Losses not loses.. my bad.. Good for you to know your stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
        Ok I see you are saying Losses not loses.. my bad.. Good for you to know your stuff..

I agree had it not been for Russia, Germany would have routed Britain and America.

Comment

funny how the americans were looking for the German rocket scientist after the war, they brought them all back to live in luxury....one of them started NASA..

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
            I agree had it not been for Russia, Germany would have routed Britain and America.
            False.

Britain repelled Germany during Operation Sea Lion thanks largely to the RAF. It was only after Hitler realized that he had reached a stalemate with Britain that he attacked Russia. Also, the US had only been in the war for 5mo and wasn't fully mobilized yet.

The German technological advancements, although superior to the Allies and well ahead of their time, are mainly regarded as too little, too late.

Comment

hitler made a mistake not making bombers that had long range and could protect itself.

he couldn't reach soviet factories that were moved east.

Comment

Hitler instead of trying to win a world war wasted supplies on the Jews.

Comment

Originally posted by Testdead View Post
                  uh huh.

that's why germany couldn't even invade britain by itself.

britain had naval superiority.

russia was germany's ally 'til 1941 i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Popinski View Post
                    Also, the US had only been in the war for 5mo and wasn't fully mobilized yet.
                    The US was not in the war when Germany invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941 - not until 6 months later in Dec 1941.

Comment

Working...
                    X