Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like an ignorant joke from an ignorant dude gone horribly wrong.

Comment

• Lol man I just saw the tags you mother fuker

Comment

• Doesn't say much about the quality of fire fighters in Detroit if they had to hire a 41 year old as a rookie. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel, I'd hate to be trapped in a fire in that city with the hyper-sensitive "brave" fire-fighters they have on the payroll.

No doubt the guy was clueless and naïve. I doubt it was meant as a racist gesture. Oh well, Detroit is a festering shythole anyway, they should let it burn to the ground. Their own residents already burned half of it into rubble as it is.

Comment

• Those mofo's should stop liking them watermelons then... I'll bet their fat lips was watering when he brought it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Looks like an ignorant joke from an ignorant dude gone horribly wrong.
            PTI ....

lets consider the context....

lets say a non black comedian was performing in front of a mostly black crowd and did some watermelon joke. do you think they storm the stage, walk out or just laugh if its funny ?

say something with a smile and fluctuation in tone and youll get one response. say the same exact thing with a straight face and different tone, you get another.

in this particular context, the gift barer is lucky he was fired. hed be working with a bunch of overly sensitive folks with a selective sense of humor. wouldnt be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              PTI ....

lets consider the context....

lets say a non black comedian was performing in front of a mostly black crowd and did some watermelon joke. do you think they storm the stage, walk out or just laugh if its funny ?

say something with a smile and fluctuation in tone and youll get one response. say the same exact thing with a straight face and different tone, you get another.

in this particular context, the gift barer is lucky he was fired. hed be working with a bunch of overly sensitive folks with a selective sense of humor. wouldnt be fun.
              The reaction depends on the comedian and if the joke was funny. I'm sure you know this.

Lets just kill all this BS. I could be wrong but it appears they gave the job to one of the worst candidates simply to integrate what was seen as a "black" fire station. The guy IMO likely did this as a joke to break the ice or to fit in based on what he thinks he knows about black people.

I'm sure he was told about the tradition ahead of time and someone took advantage of his stupidity.

I'm just thankful this happened before this moron actually had to go and rescue someone or fight a fire.

Comment

The reaction depends on the comedian and if the joke was funny. I'm sure you know this.

Lets just kill all this BS. I could be wrong but it appears they gave the job to one of the worst candidates simply to integrate what was seen as a "black" fire station. The guy IMO likely did this as a joke to break the ice or to fit in based on what he thinks he knows about black people. I don't think he meant any harm.

I'm just thankful this happened before this moron actually had to go and rescue someone or fight a fire. He surely would have caused death and destruction.
                lets assume he wasnt qualified as a firefighter due to his comedic sensibilities.

had a black person walked there with a watermelon, its all good. they start slicing that bltch up.

the firing was a blessing in disguise for all parties.

Comment

lets assume he wasnt qualified as a firefighter due to his comedic sensibilities.

had a black person walked there with a watermelon, its all good. they start slicing that bltch up.

the firing was a blessing in disguise for all parties.
                  A black person wouldn't be stupid enough to go in there with a watermelon so just stop with that.

This dude shows all the signs of being a clueless idiot. He is so stupid that he let some stupid racist/bigot convince him that it was a good idea to bring watermelon to the "black" fire house on your first day.

He appears to have gotten fired for being a ******ed idiot, not a bigot or racist.

Comment

''youre an alt.''
                    Lmfao!!!!

Well played.

Comment

A black person wouldn't be stupid enough to go in there with a watermelon so just stop with that.

This dude shows all the signs of being a clueless idiot. He is so stupid that he let some stupid racist/bigot convince him that it was a good idea to bring watermelon to the "black" fire house on your first day.

He appears to have gotten fired for being a ******ed idiot, not a bigot or racist.

is there something im missing ???

Comment

Working...
                      X