Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith: When Williams Feels He's Come Unstuck - He'll Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith: When Williams Feels He's Come Unstuck - He'll Quit!

There is no love lost between Liam Smith and Liam Williams. After the controversial end to their first fight, Smith has routinely called the Welshman a quitter' in the build-up to their Newcastle rematch on November 11th. In their first bout, Williams stormed ahead to an early lead before Smith started to close the distance. Cut badly with a resurgent Smith waiting in the other corner, Williams was pulled out of the fight by trainer Gary Lockett due to the severity of the cut on his right eye.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I guess it could easily be said Smith quit vs Canelo. Remember that Beefy? Little over a year ago? Texas? Body shots? Memory problems? Guy sounds like someone else we know playing deflectorama.

Comment

I remember correctly Williams was lighting you up in the first fight before you started head butting him

dirty kent should have been disqualified or at least call it a no contest

Comment

Why the hell isn't William's prestigious Lonsdale bet not on the line??..............

Comment

Who gives a shit?

Comment

I can train beefy better than joe gallagher, listen kid, don't stand in that rigid stance, jab the body and move your head. He should target williams body, don't stand off and wait for him to gas move the head, slip and jab or hook the body then come up with some head shots. Don't do what crolla did fs.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              I guess it could easily be said Smith quit vs Canelo. Remember that Beefy? Little over a year ago? Texas? Body shots? Memory problems? Guy sounds like someone else we know playing deflectorama.
              You can't use this as a comparison lol Smith legitimately got KOed by a vicious body shot showed a lot of heart in that fight also although he was outclassed, Williams stopped the fight in his corner way different.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                You can't use this as a comparison lol Smith legitimately got KOed by a vicious body shot showed a lot of heart in that fight also although he was outclassed, Williams stopped the fight in his corner way different.
                Yeah I can compare the two. I saw the clip with the cut. It was nasty as he!!. We'll see what happens in the rematch, but the comparison to the Canelo fight can definitely be made if Smith is going to make this claim. You have your opinion, I'll have mine.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Yeah I can compare the two. I saw the clip with the cut. It was nasty as he!!. We'll see what happens in the rematch, but the comparison to the Canelo fight can definitely be made if Smith is going to make this claim. You have your opinion, I'll have mine.
                  Yeah you saw the clip not the fight, I did and Williams although ahead was starting to fade and was going to get KOed anyways but yeah ill hold your opinion with higher merit next time haha

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                    Yeah you saw the clip not the fight, I did and Williams although ahead was starting to fade and was going to get KOed anyways but yeah ill hold your opinion with higher merit next time haha
                    Watched it again. With Williams winning most rounds, Smith was winning the final round when it was stopped, but that cut Williams suffered was horrendous. You can think what you wish about it, no worries. I still say Lockett did the right thing. Especially after what we've seen in permanent eye damage in recent years for fighters. There's a rematch coming anyway, so we'll soon see what's up.

Comment

Working...
                    X