Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Zab Judah the biggest waste of talent in his era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repsa View Post
    Judah did good considering he had a bad chin and bad attitude.
    i agree with this, i think Ike Ibeabuchi was the biggest waste of talent, he could have been hw champ if only he was mentally stable enough not to beat up hookers and cops. Ike will be the next president of Uganda

Comment

Pavlik was a brave fighter who put in some decent performances. But I can't say I ever thought he had all that much "talent" to waste.

More of an over-achiever in my book.

If anything I'd say Khan is/was a far bigger disappointment. Anyone with half a brain cell can see the kid has the kind of raw talent most boxers would kill to possess.

Khan's major problem is he's as dumb as a rock. This caused him inestimable difficulties right from the outset of his professional career as he allowed himself to be very, very badly advised over training.

Had Freddie Roach been involved from the beginning I think Khan would have grown into a far more formidable fighter. Yes, his chin would always be questionable. But Freddie would never have allowed the kid's confidence to be shaken as early as it did because of the clowns Team Khan hired immediately after quitting the amateur ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
        Pavlik was a brave fighter who put in some decent performances. But I can't say I ever thought he had all that much "talent" to waste.

More of an over-achiever in my book.

If anything I'd say Khan is/was a far bigger disappointment. Anyone with half a brain cell can see the kid has the kind of raw talent most boxers would kill to possess.

Khan's major problem is he's as dumb as a rock. This caused him inestimable difficulties right from the outset of his professional career as he allowed himself to be very, very badly advised over training.

Had Freddie Roach been involved from the beginning I think Khan would have grown into a far more formidable fighter. Yes, his chin would always be questionable. But Freddie would never have allowed the kid's confidence to be shaken as early as it did because of the clowns Team Khan hired immediately after quitting the amateur ranks.
        I agree with you on everything about Khan except Roach. His career has definitely been managed badly, and it's obvious that he's not clever in the ring. He's reckless for sure, but I think it was a huge mistake for him to join Roach. He basically did it just because he wanted to be like Pacquiao, when he should have known he can't be like that with his chin. What he needed was a trainer who would get him to use that reach and box smart, use that reach & speed to his advantage which it should have been. Instead Roach had him just throwing lots of punches which was the WORST style for him to use. Garcia said it best, all he had to do was land a punch when Khan was punching and he knew that he would stop him.
        Last edited by JK1700; 07-06-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          I agree with you on everything about Khan except Roach. His career has definitely been managed badly, and it's obvious that he's not clever in the ring. He's reckless for sure, but I think it was a huge mistake for him to join Roach. He basically did it just because he wanted to be like Pacquiao, when he should have known he can't be like that with his chin. What he needed was a trainer who would get him to use that reach and box smart, use that reach & speed to his advantage which it should have been. Instead Roach had him just throwing lots of punches which was the WORST style for him to use. Garcia said it best, all he had to do was land a punch when Khan was punching and he knew that he would stop him.
          I don't disagree that Roach is capable of making his own mistakes. My point is more that irrespective of them - Freddie is still light years ahead of the people Khan surrounded himself with upon turning pro.

Comment

I'd have to say Gamboa. I'm kind of biased because I was a huge fan at the time, but he was something else in his prime pre-JWW. It's a shame his career wasn't better managed.

Comment

Absolutely agree. And he's a junior welter now? Seems like he was better off at light or feather, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
              X