Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spike TV said they weren't happy with the quality of PBC cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say the cards were uneven. There were some good cards, especially earlier. Surprising how good some of the co-mains were.

But there were some absolute garbage cards, and a run of absolute garbage at the end of their run. I mean look at:

04/29/2016
    Dirrell vs. Caparello
    Dirrell vs. Traux

06/03/2016
    Barthelemey vs. Bey

07/29/2016
    Stevenson vs. Williams

08/27/2016
    Guerrero vs. Peralta

09/09/2016
    Jacobs vs. Mora
    Easter vs. Commey

01/13/2017
    Lara vs. Foreman

Only the Jacobs-Mora, Easter-Comney card was good -- otherwise most of 2016 through 2017 was absolute garbage.

It may have been a case of "What have you done for me lately" -- and for Spike it was garbage in 2016.

Comment

And for me, I don't really care if Haymon succeeds or fails. I don't have any $$ invested either way.

If there's a good card on TV, I will watch it. If not, I wont.

If anything I would like more fights on basic cable. I mean, conceivably I could tell HBO to go f0(k themselves (probably wont tho, I need my GOT & Veep and Im not tech-savvy enough to stream it).

However, there is so much garbage on Spike, FS1 & Bounce (which I don't think I get anyways). I don't even bother with the FS1 cards. Id rather search for better fights on Youtube.

If Haymon fails, I hope there is someone to pick up the slack. Solo Boxeo used to have some gems -- now its mostly garbage. Maybe ESPN - Golden Boy. We'll see.

Comment

Pbc so badly ****ed this up..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Pbc so badly ****ed this up..
          How? Their bread and butter is CBS & Showtime, which own Spike. They were asked to supply boxing to Spike, so they did. Now Spike is being turned into a different channel, which doesn't want boxing.

There's nothing PBC could have done about the fact that one day there was a network focused on men and combat sports and now it's becoming a network focused on scripted shows targeting women.

Comment

Working...
          X