Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I watched the fight with a bunch of casuals on Saturday.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Lyle beyond the first couple rounds didnt do much to Ali, Patterson did even less...Hearns literally ran from leonard for like 3 rounds and Leonard houndedh im like a mad dog.

Thats a crazy excuse to make for fighters. You're basically saying, "Oh, if Garcia had been better at cutting off the ring, Thurman would have put on a better fight"...like that doesnt even make sense. Forget about the physical ability, the will to finish fights off strong are no longer present.

There are to ofew people with the mindset of a Khan or a Bradley or a Hatton or a Holyfield these days.

American fighters in particular all want to be Mayweather and think they can make huge sums of money by fighting like that, completely forgetting tha tMayweather fought like that and tanked as the new HBO/Arum created star. It wasn't his style that got hime over, to borrow a wrestling term. It was his persona.

These guys dont even have that lol

they will all learn soon enough though
    I agree and this is basically what I'm saying..The will is not there and that's on Garcia not Thurman..Garcia needed o dare to be great and take the risk of getting hit with a big shot cause he was behind and needed to change the tone of the fight..

This is really the point,Khan fought Maidana from the outside and if Maidana let him would have done it the entire night..Not quenstioning Khans Heart,just why make something harder then it need be??Same for when Khan fought Peterson,if Peterson did not show heart and go into the jaws of the loin then Khan would have coast to an easy win without ever making the fight interesting..Same goes for Bradley many times..

I guess my point has been it takes two to tango,again you bring up Mayweather..Go watch Mayweather on the come up,his fights with Chavez JLC Augustus they brought the fight to May and he let the dog out..Even his fight with Manny Pac brought the dog out for a sec and when May responded Pac back down for whatever reason..May is not to blame for this,any fighter would do it,if you can win a fight without taking the risk you'll do it..It's on the opponent as well to make a great fight..Again it takes two to tango..
    Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 03-07-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      It's a tough dichotomy man. They are two of the best, which means their bout will be technical and meticulous since so much is on the line. The best fights aren't usually between the best fighters ya know.
      I would say now a days this is the truth,I don't know if social media or fear of hurting their careers if it ends badly for one fighter..Yet this was not the case always,hell even in the 90's we got some classics when the best fought the best..I would agree with this now esp in the 2000's and on..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        I would say now a days this is the truth,I don't know if social media or fear of hurting their careers if it ends badly for one fighter..Yet this was not the case always,hell even in the 90's we got some classics when the best fought the best..I would agree with this now esp in the 2000's and on..
        Pacquiao-Cotto. Epic sht. Even after Pacquiao had it in the bag, Cotto just wanting to make it to the finish line after a valiant effort, no Margo repeat. Pacquiao thought fuk that, I'm going to fuk you up and channeling scorpion he said "get over here".
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-07-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Outclassed? maybe.
          Thurman bigger? no, they are the same size.

Garcia had to go ALL IN in the last four rounds. He had already lost the fight after the 7th.

I BELIEVE he would have caused serious damage to Thurman if he risked and desided to go ALL IN. Maidana style. There was also a chance he ended up being KOed. So what? he had already lost. Yeah but it's better for your image to lose a "close fight" instead of being KOed I guess.

I say all this while I was rooting for him... I was watching the fight, waiting for Danny to connect, to do something. I believe he showed in the last round that he had the tools to hurt or bother Thurman but he was too scared to take that risk. As I said before, bad advice from his corner didn't help.
          Thurman's fought his whole career at 147, Garcia had 3 fights at WW before Saturday. To me that means one guys a natural WW and one isn't but you're right they both weighed in at 147 on Saturday.
          As for Garcia "going Maidana" on Thurman, that would have ended badly, cause unlike Floyd, Keith can bang. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            Pacquiao-Cotto. Epic sht. Even after Pacquiao had it in the bag, Cotto just wanting to make it to the finish line after a valiant effort, no Margo repeat. Pacquiao thought fuk that, I'm going to fuk you up and channeling scorpion he said "get over here".
            LMFAO at the Mortal Combat ref..I agree,but that's Pac's style right..Pac is not a fighter who goes backwards could he have,yes but again not how Pac fights so would expect nothing less based on his style..

Comment

The mainstream sheeple of society, are very surface level! when it comes to their perceptions. (Anything too complicated? they will class as boring! you only have to look at the digression of Hollywood and the movie business scripts! creativity is digressing along with new idea's)...

I never watch boxing with casual mainstream fans, and i don't even aspire to attend any boxing fights unless i have front row seats! (To specifically avoid these type of individuals)...

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                Floyd earned his stripes and has an amazing resume. Any other boxer would get praised for fighting his resume. Floyd gave in to Oscar to get the money fight and all... something clowns like GGG need to learn. Don't blame Floyd for being so great that clowns like GGG think they deserve more $ than they've earned. Don't blame Floyd's brittle hands breaking down and boxing more on why these supposed warriors box when they get touched like "run time" Thurman. Floyd earned his P4P crown and brought in the ppv #'s. Blame the HBO overhyped fighters like Manny Pacquiao fighting Rios and Algieri. Blame GGG fighting cans all the time. Why always blame Floyd?
                Floyd had a great resume up until Oscar

From then on "money" may was there

He carefully selected his opponents
                Fought once a year
                And has undoubtably influenced a lot of upcoming boxers to try and replicate

The only problem is now fighters won't even fight anyone half decent

Floyd was a massive influence
                Good on him for earning what he earnt
                And people obviously paid for his fights

But to me , the sport suffered big time

Now fighters are paranoid to lose there 0 , out of fear of losing there "loyal" fans
                Which is why they all carefully chose who they fight, and when they fight

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                  Thurman's fought his whole career at 147, Garcia had 3 fights at WW before Saturday. To me that means one guys a natural WW and one isn't but you're right they both weighed in at 147 on Saturday.
                  As for Garcia "going Maidana" on Thurman, that would have ended badly, cause unlike Floyd, Keith can bang. lol
                  Garcia was big in 140 and was struggling to make weight as he said. He's not small at all, I'd say he's at least an average WW. He said in the past that he considered himself so big that he would finish his career at 154.

Comment

Danny "At the end of the day" "It is what it is" Garcia made the damn fight boring, didn't push Chief Keef, didn't throw enough, hesitated to engage and his modafcking 6th toe aiding his flatfootedness..

Comment

Casuals are the main source of income in the boxing business.

Comment

Working...
                      X