Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chin Debate. Does Knock downs count towards your chin ratings? I think KD'S do.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are skewing the argument to an agenda. Ali had a GREAT chin. Very good, my ass.

Take a fight like Rios vs Alvarado. Are you saying, because Alvarado was stopped, that he has a bad chin? Or james toney. Is james toney a weak chin because rjj fly hooked him? People are human.. If they get hit with a good shot in the right spot, they will go down. Many people who get credit for having a good chin like mw, only do so from defense and movement. They take less shots. Margarito is said to be a 10 chin but mosley cracked it right down the middle. Why? From repeated bombs right on the button.

The answer is, it depends on what punches are being thrown, what weight class, how much punishment the fighter is receiving, whether they are a defensive or offensive style, and some intangibles.

There is no yes or no answer to this question, and certain language you have used leads me to believe you are skewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      I think you are skewing the argument to an agenda. Ali had a GREAT chin. Very good, my ass.

Take a fight like Rios vs Alvarado. Are you saying, because Alvarado was stopped, that he has a bad chin? Or james toney. Is james toney a weak chin because rjj fly hooked him? People are human.. If they get hit with a good shot in the right spot, they will go down. Many people who get credit for having a good chin like mw, only do so from defense and movement. They take less shots. Margarito is said to be a 10 chin but mosley cracked it right down the middle. Why? From repeated bombs right on the button.

The answer is, it depends on what punches are being thrown, what weight class, how much punishment the fighter is receiving, whether they are a defensive or offensive style, and some intangibles.

There is no yes or no answer to this question, and certain language you have used leads me to believe you are skewing.

Who the hell said he had a bad chin?

So many of you are extremists.

It's either GREAT CHIN or GLASS.. There is a lot of in betweens.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        Trust me, this is part of that agenda:

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          Vitali was knocked out cold once.. and knocked down once.

Lennox Lewis was knocked out once and knocked down once.

Lennox Lewis technically have a better chin than Vitali.

Lewis was never out COLD like Vitali was.. and his kd against Mccall is similar to Vitali's KD against Sanders. The difference is that Don King robbed Lewis.
          I found 2 photos of Lewis on his back dazed and confused. These matchup with his 2 KO losses. You see I am looking for photos of vitali in a boxing ring on his back and google searched 5 billion images and came up with none. I also checked vitali's boxing record for KO losses and cant seem to find any.... .

Lewis got that glass chin.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            I found 2 photos of Lewis on his back dazed and confused. These matchup with his 2 KO losses. You see I am looking for photos of vitali in a boxing ring on his back and google searched 5 billion images and came up with none. I also checked vitali's boxing record for KO losses and cant seem to find any.... .

Lewis got that glass chin.
            Lewis was not confused against Mccall he was robbed.

# of Big Punchers Vitali fought:

Lews
            Sanders
            Peters
            Briggs (CORPSE)

# of BIG Punchers Lennox Fought:
            Tua
            Ruddock
            Grant
            Rahman
            Mccall
            Vitali
            Tyson
            Golota
            Mason
            Morrison
            Briggs(PRIME)
            Bruno

............Why the hell is this topic about Vitali now anyways?

And i have no agenda...

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
              Vitali was knocked out cold once.. and knocked down once.

Lennox Lewis was knocked out once and knocked down once.

Lennox Lewis technically have a better chin than Vitali.

Lewis was never out COLD like Vitali was.. and his kd against Mccall is similar to Vitali's KD against Sanders. The difference is that Don King robbed Lewis.
              Vitali was never knocked out or even knocked down.. WTF?! at least that's easy to find out.
              Lennox has a better chin than vitali?!?! WTF?!
              Lennox's chin is not even in the same train with Vitali's....

I don't know what's going on with you. You have some quite good posts, but sometimes you surprise me with the incredible stupidity. Try to be cold headed when you write... (friendly advice).

Comment

sometimes you get hit with a sledgehammer that no human being could possibly stand up to.

The perfect punch is based on a lot of factors. That's why it's called perfect.

nobody thought paul Williams could get knocked out like that and look what happened when he got hit with a perfect punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  sometimes you get hit with a sledgehammer that no human being could possibly stand up to.

The perfect punch is based on a lot of factors. That's why it's called perfect.

nobody thought paul Williams could get knocked out like that and look what happened when he got hit with a perfect punch.
                  Paul Willaiams got a great chin.

But kd's do count towards your chin rating..

Comment

I'm sorry..

This thread was made back when I didn't know how to make Polls Public .

I wish I knew how back than so I can find out who said KD'S don't count towards chin ratings when they OBVIOUSLY DO

Comment

Seems like a lot of people are confusing having a good chin, with having the ability to recover.

Comment

Working...
                      X