No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts On Last Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    It has to be either a real stamina issue he knows about or is mental worry about stamina.
    Yea it could be something that simple. I & others have been making it out as something bigger or some cats are just saying "he sucks like I told you he did" lol, but he might just be worried about gassing wayyyyyy more than maybe he should be. Definitely needs a guy in his corner & in his camp that'll lay down the law better &/or Broner respects cuz idk that Stafford is that guy based on what I see.

I don't know about that. Mikey looked really good against Siri. Loma, not so much. And Mikey has dominated his competition in a similar manner as Loma. In Vasyl's defense, he did do Roman Martinez better than Mikey did, but that was 3 years (and two tought fights with Siri) later.
    Lets not forget Loma did that in his 2nd professional fight & he came on later in the fight quite well. If that fight was an old school 15 rounder I think Loma probably wins in fact. Plus that was a Loma who'd never been close to seeing a 20th minute of a fight let alone the 36th minute. I think Loma has had incredible advancements overall as a pro fighter & his learning curve has been damn near a straight line up since then.

Agree. But, it is a match-up that is intriguing and may not be as far down the road as one would think. Gervonta is big for his current weight.
    I think he needs a nutritionist more than to move up lol. He gots a chubby look about him real quick between fights to me which suggests he might could lose some body fat. But I suppose its likely he will move up within a year or two cuz thats what guys do these days.

We disagree. 4 belts even in this watered down age is a feat. If it was easy, more folks would do it.

I think that some of Broners wins will look better as time goes on. There are a few that already do, like DeMarco and Rees, who he stopped where others havent
    I guess part of it is to who's he really beaten? Its nobody anyone cares about is relevant I believe. So while I agree, even with title belts aside, just beating 4 top ten guys in 4 different divisions is a feat few are capable of thus is impressive regardless of who its over, the fact his W's are forgettable will be problematic for him getting into the HOF off of what he's done. And I got lil confidence a DeMarco or Rees KO W will be looked at much more favorably then it does now. The fact he's been barely competitive in his L's vs the guys people do care about is a problem for him to I feel. His wins being forgettable & his losses being his defining fights kinda skews the view one has of Broner.

As usual, a pleasure hearing your feedback whether I agree or not, Eff.
    Likewise

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      A beating means just that, damage being inflicted.

The 11th may have been one-sided, but it was no beating.

As a matter of fact, I didn't see Mikey doing that to Broner in any round and I was rooting for Garcia.

As for whether Broner gets in the Hall, simply answer my question.

What 4 weight class champions do you know that didn't make it in?

And, while likeability does help, are you implying that those making the selection lack the integrity to acknowledge what has usually been a easy choice in the past simply because it is Broner?

Fancy that...
      Broner will unlikely see the HoF unless he does something more with his career. He would'nt be the first 4 division champion who did'nt get in, Leo Gamez is currently not inducted and doubt he ever will. Currently he is the only one not to be inducted. Here is a list of the 5 that are in. De La Hoya, Hearns, Duran, Leonard and Whitaker. All of whom would be in regardless if they were a 4 division champion or not. So using being a 4 division champ as a benchmark for induction is a very misleading argument. You can also throw in that he is the only one of the sixteen four division champions that never had more than one defense of a title, that is just sad. He has never been a lineal champion, never beat a HoF caliber fighter and is'nt exactly Mr. Popularity.

You add all that up and his odds of getting in based on what he has done up to this point, are effectively zero.

Comment

Working...
      X