No announcement yet.

Prime Sergio Martinez vs GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Sergio Martinez vs GGG

Sergio before the bum knees vs GGG...who wins?

GGG wins by KO. Martinez would lose every round up to the round he got knocked out in. I think he would last about 6 rounds. That's just my opinion. Nobody knows for sure how fantasy fights would go.

Comment

It would be a good, action-packed fight. I think Golovkin's strengths are some of Sergio's bigger weaknesses and he would ultimately wear down and stop him. Sergio had real issues with fighters like Macklin and Barker using jabs and controlling distance on him. I really liked Martinez, but he has always been a bit overrated on NSB.

He'd certainly get his shots in on Golovkin, though.

Comment

golovkin via knockout.

Comment

Martinez fighting with his hands down would probably get caught early and worn out. It still would be a good fight for however long it lasted.

Comment

When Martinez was prime, Golovkin had a hard time with Ouma. That Golovkin vs prime Martinez would be an unpredictable fight. However nowadays Golovkin is on another level even to prime Martinez.

Comment

Love Maravilla but any version of him gets stopped by Golovkin

Comment

Golovkin hits too hard and is too good coming forward for Sergio, once he started to connect it would be the beginning of the end just like most other fighters. Sergio always had a leaky D even at his best.

I actually think Sergio's best chance is to land first, I think he definitely had the power/speed to hurt anyone including Golovkin. But this is got Tszyu-Judah written all over it.

Comment

Prime vs prime:

Fight would be close through the early rounds, with Genna stalking, applying pressure and throwing shots to the body, and Sergio trying to outbox him off the back foot, using a lot of head movement and quick 2-3 punch combinations.

Rounds 6-8, the body shots start to take their toll, and Martinez slows down a bit. Golovkin starts landing heavy shots to the head. Sergio puts forth a valiant effort, but starts to get tagged hard and the fight is stopped by the ref in round 9.

I really wish we could've seen that fight. Not only would it have kept the lineal title alive, but it would have been a nice name on Golovkin's resume.
                  Last edited by Contra; 07-05-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Martinez would have never been able to take a Golovkin punch. Mid rounds knockout in a very fun fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X