Collapse
No announcement yet.

boxers win championships in the ring not based off speculation and popularity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxers win championships in the ring not based off speculation and popularity

I know everyone loves the big puncher but last time I CHECKED you have to beat the man to be the man.

People anointed Mattyssee, which was highly disrespectful to Garcia who earned his title and he went on to proof who the best was.

GGG beat a top contender in Geale now esome people are saying he is the middleweight champion

Facts: He is the number 1 contender, He holds A middleweight belt, but Miguel Cotto is the one true middleweight champion

I agree that GGG is the class of the middleweight division and I favor him to beat Cotto but until he does, he is nothing more than the number one contender

some folks just dont know **** about boxing

Comment

So what youre saying is, Cotto is the middleweight champ, and not Golovkin. This is obviously correct because Cotto "proofed" it when he beat the previous champ, Martinez. Where are we going with this?

Comment

He can't help if Cotton doesn't fight him

Comment

As I've said in the thread you are obviously relating to, this is not even remotely similar to Matthysse/Garcia.

It reminds me more of when Khan was a belt holder and Bradley was at 140 - Bradley didn't want to fight Khan, who instead unified vs Judah. After that, Khan was recognized as the champ.

Once again, in most cases, the man who beats the man is the champ - but it's not strictly like that in 100% of the cases. Even though you were trying to argue Shannon Briggs was the true heavyweight champ in 97, I doubt many on here would agree with you.

It's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            As I've said in the thread you are obviously relating to, this is not even remotely similar to Matthysse/Garcia.

It reminds me more of when Khan was a belt holder and Bradley was at 140 - Bradley didn't want to fight Khan, who instead unified vs Judah. After that, Khan was recognized as the champ.

Once again, in most cases, the man who beats the man is the champ - but it's not strictly like that in 100% of the cases. Even though you were trying to argue Shannon Briggs was the true heavyweight champ in 97, I doubt many on here would agree with you.

It's just the way it is.
            Many hear dont know **** about boxing

Foreman was stripped of an alphabet trinket, although he was active and didnt lose til he fought Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
              So what youre saying is, Cotto is the middleweight champ, and not Golovkin. This is obviously correct because Cotto "proofed" it when he beat the previous champ, Martinez. Where are we going with this?
              Try telling LACEDUP that

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                I know everyone loves the big puncher but last time I CHECKED you have to beat the man to be the man.

People anointed Mattyssee, which was highly disrespectful to Garcia who earned his title and he went on to proof who the best was.

GGG beat a top contender in Geale now esome people are saying he is the middleweight champion

Facts: He is the number 1 contender, He holds A middleweight belt, but Miguel Cotto is the one true middleweight champion

I agree that GGG is the class of the middleweight division and I favor him to beat Cotto but until he does, he is nothing more than the number one contender
                and if cotto won't fight the number one contender what does that mean? Out of interest how long can the champ avoid 'the number one contender' and still be the champ?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Yeah. Just as Roy Jones was never the man at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Yeah. Just as Roy Jones was never the man at 175.
                    Would you agree or disagree Bat, that lineage doesn't always = true champ?

Yes or no?

Comment

Working...
                    X