No announcement yet.

Boxing Books

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
    Not read those mate. Lemmie know how they are!

I'm thinking of reading this next:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unforgivable...ref=pd_sim_b_1
    Will do champ. Ive heard good things about Unforgivable Blackness, im sure ive got the documentrey sitting here waiting to be watched. Might give it a blast today actually

Comment

By a fellow (may he rest in peace...) who knew a thing or two about Boxing...

Another good read would be Christian Giudice's...

And poster of the (due to be released in 2013) movie of the same title...

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        By a fellow (may he rest in peace...) who knew a thing or two about Boxing...

Another good read would be Christian Giudice's...

And poster of the (due to be released in 2013) movie of the same title...

I read the Christian Giudice book not too long ago and its one of the best boxing books ive come across - great read! Cant wait for the movie, Dunno about Usher as SRL though! Al Pacino as Ray Arcel should be quality, Duran is a big fan of his. Dont know the main guy though

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          I read the Christian Giudice book not too long ago and its one of the best boxing books ive come across - great read! Cant wait for the movie, Dunno about Usher as SRL though! Al Pacino as Ray Arcel should be quality, Duran is a big fan of his. Dont know the main guy though
          If Diana Ross could pull-off playin' Billie Holiday (Lady Sings the Blues), I'll give Usher the benefit of the doubt, unless otherwise proven... Latest developments have Robert DeNiro replacing Al Pacino as Ray Arcel... Gael Garcia Bernal (pictured below) has the title role. Other credits: Babel, The Motercycle Diaries, The Loneliest Planet and numerous Spanish-spoken independent films.

Comment

If Diana Ross could pull-off playin' Billie Holiday (Lady Sings the Blues), I'll give Usher the benefit of the doubt, unless otherwise proven... Latest developments have Robert DeNiro replacing Al Pacino as Ray Arcel... Gael Garcia Bernal (pictured below) has the title role. Other credits: Babel, The Motercycle Diaries, The Loneliest Planet and numerous Spanish-spoken independent films.

Bobby De is better than Pacino anyway IMO. That Bernal lad looks kinda similar, close enough anyway but he lacks those cold black gunslinger's eyes!

Comment

Bobby De is better than Pacino anyway IMO. That Bernal lad looks kinda similar, close enough anyway but he lacks those cold black gunslinger's eyes!
              While it could be argued that Bobby D is a better actor (overall), Pacino is closer in body-type to Arcel, who was a slender man. DeNiro would have to lose a few pounds to lend authenticity to the role... If I were casting to play Duran, I'd pick John Leguizamo; as for the eyes, the only other person I know with 'them there eyes' is Charles Manson!

Comment

While it could be argued that Bobby D is a better actor (overall), Pacino is closer in body-type to Arcel, who was a slender man. DeNiro would have to lose a few pounds to lend authenticity to the role... If I were casting to play Duran, I'd pick John Leguizamo; as for the eyes, the only other person I know with 'them there eyes' is Charles Manson!
                Haha Fair play regarding "Them Eyes"

Who said that again, Smokin Joe?

I wonder if we will see other big fights of his in it, who'd play De Jesus, Benitez, Hearns, Hagler, Buchanan ect ect!?

Cant wait for this movie! Its about time too actually, i wouldnt be surprised to hear about a Tapia movie either with the life he had and his recent passing, could be ace

Comment

durans movie should be a mini series as you mentioned as he had many high profile fights and such an interesting life.

Comment

Haha Fair play regarding "Them Eyes"

Who said that again, Smokin Joe?

I wonder if we will see other big fights of his in it, who'd play De Jesus, Benitez, Hearns, Hagler, Buchanan ect ect!?

Cant wait for this movie! Its about time too actually, i wouldnt be surprised to hear about a Tapia movie either with the life he had and his recent passing, could be ace
                    This is not an attempt to burst anyone's bubble, but based on the buzz and sketchy info about the film, I'm very afraid that it will be limited to the Leonard fights, with special focus on the "No Mas" debacle. Despite it's title, it's as much about Leonard as it is about Duran. A film about the 'life and legend' of Roberto Duran would rival "Raging Bull."

Comment

they have an actor cast to play buchanan

Comment

Working...
                      X