Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on Golovkin's pandering to Mexicans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he has a strong fan base there why not.

Comment

Well Glolovkin is a non-native who fights in America almost exclusively. Mexicans and American Americans are an important market to try and tap into in the US so it makes a lot of sense to pander to those groups especially for someone with no natural group for them to draw upon.

It is an odd fit to tray and go after but it makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
        I NEVER said Nelo won. I bet he would win by KO but it didn’t happen. I didn’t mind the DRAW as Nelo performed enough to justify the decision and i wasn’t happy taht lil’g performed like that
        This is part that if I LIVE TO A THOUSAND I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.You seem to be Canelo fan(no prob we all have favs)but to put down GGG the guy who in your own words at LEAST fought your guy even up whats that say about Canelo?I bet had Canelo beat GGG easy and I came on here and said "ah Canelo's a bum who aint beat any good fighters".You would be saying GGG was a monster and my guy beat him easy.Not trying to start up a big fuss here but really putting down a guy who most people thought beat your fighter just make's your fighter look worse.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          This is part that if I LIVE TO A THOUSAND I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.You seem to be Canelo fan(no prob we all have favs)but to put down GGG the guy who in your own words at LEAST fought your guy even up whats that say about Canelo?I bet had Canelo beat GGG easy and I came on here and said "ah Canelo's a bum who aint beat any good fighters".You would be saying GGG was a monster and my guy beat him easy.Not trying to start up a big fuss here but really putting down a guy who most people thought beat your fighter just make's your fighter look worse.
          that's because you're naive and you still don't get how K2 operates, it's like Trump fans claiming news against Trump is fake aka ''false news.''

as Andre Ward stated, ''you gotta stay humble.''

when was the last fighter you heard say a division below him or a division above him was easy as a marketing strategy and never own up to it?

maybe you don't realize how many fans have recently reacted to Hearn's damage control about Joshua's remarks...he stated it was a fake account to then later say it was hacked...

I don't respect boxers like GGG. he can believe what he wants and do what he pleases, but he chose the path to be accountable for his words. maybe he assumed westerners wouldNt catch on to his bullshıt, maybe in Kazakhstan such a way of thinking is fine, but in the USA, man.... it's the most dynamic country and expressive country in the world geared by its people, you learn from Americans and fails, GGG is a perfect example of a hype job being exploited and give a role to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
            that's because you're naive and you still don't get how K2 operates, it's like Trump fans claiming news against Trump is fake aka ''false news.''

as Andre Ward stated, ''you gotta stay humble.''

when was the last fighter you heard say a division below him or a division above him was easy as a marketing strategy and never own up to it?

maybe you don't realize how many fans have recently reacted to Hearn's damage control about Joshua's remarks...he stated it was a fake account to then later say it was hacked...

I don't respect boxers like GGG. he can believe what he wants and do what he pleases, but he chose the path to be accountable for his words. maybe he assumed westerners wouldNt catch on to his bullshıt, maybe in Kazakhstan such a way of thinking is fine, but in the USA, man.... it's the most dynamic country and expressive country in the world geared by its people, you learn from Americans and fails, GGG is a perfect example of a hype job being exploited and give a role to play.
            I think its you being naïve and also just way all over the place with stuff that makes no sence. And a bunch of stuff about America which I have no idea where that came from or means????????Have good day don't wish to read anymore.Had NOTHING to do with my post.Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
              At times Golovkin feels like a politician trying to get the Mexican vote.

Do you find it awkward?

Does any of it actually help sell PPVs?
              Yes it helps and I don't think he is pandering. He likes the Mexican culture and he is trying to build up a fan base. That's fine.

Comment

Working...
              X