Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some good jobs or careers for someone's who is really slow on the uptake?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you get a job as a poolboy?

I heard they get a lot of ass, almost as much as the pizza guy. I heard cable guys do pretty good too.

Actually they don't, I just watch too much ****.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      I really don't know...I'd have to ask but I don't think it's that unusual for him. He told me Christmas that he had just jack-knifed his truck and totaled it. He went for the brakes and they weren't there. He had to hit the truck ahead of him and luckily he jacked knifed because he was hauling steel that came forward just like I described before. He came out of it without a scratch. This guy has more lives than a cat.
      How many times has he wrecked a truck?

The thing is that you can train and become licensed in 6 weeks for a few thousand dollars. How many opportunities are there where you can become gainfully employed that fast for so little for someone of any age? It's not for everyone...in my friends case it's something he wanted to do since he was a kid and is very happy. He didn't intend to work as much as he does...he was never like that but when he saw how much he could make he became a different person and loves what he does so for him it's easy. I personally would have trouble spending that much time driving and don't think I could. But I've know many people who have spent a lot of money and years studying to become an IT pro who couldn't find work after. Some have had to leave Vancouver just to find a a job and others went on to do something other. So I don't think spending three thousand (and in some cases even less) dollars and 6 weeks of your time is a lot to risk for someone who doesn't know what to do with their life. If a year later you decide it wasn't working out so what? You will still have your license and something to fall back on to get you through a pinch if you have to.
      Fair point. And if you can spend 3 grand or w/e & get to making 3 grand a month within your first 6, 12 or 18 months or w/e thats a pretty awesome ROI on that initial 3 grand or w/e spent so no one is taking an big L on truck driving its safe to say in that regard anyway.

I just mean to say this was at one time a super sturdy career path that wasn't going anywhere & it was something you could count on if you got your license & didn't do anything stupid to lose it. Now there is a shadow thats getting closer & closer to engulfing most if not eventually all manual truck drivers.

And I guess I'm just fascinated with this sorta thing cuz the future is always interesting to me & how & why things change. And what things don't change or don't change for a longer period then maybe you think it should've changed within. And this automated vehicle stuff is gonna be interesting to watch how it impacts the largest or one of the largest industries, driving, in the US & the world I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        How many times has he wrecked a truck?

Fair point. And if you can spend 3 grand or w/e & get to making 3 grand a month within your first 6, 12 or 18 months or w/e thats a pretty awesome ROI on that initial 3 grand or w/e spent so no one is taking an big L on truck driving its safe to say in that regard anyway.

I just mean to say this was at one time a super sturdy career path that wasn't going anywhere & it was something you could count on if you got your license & didn't do anything stupid to lose it. Now there is a shadow thats getting closer & closer to engulfing most if not eventually all manual truck drivers.

And I guess I'm just fascinated with this sorta thing cuz the future is always interesting to me & how & why things change. And what things don't change or don't change for a longer period then maybe you think it should've changed within. And this automated vehicle stuff is gonna be interesting to watch how it impacts the largest or one of the largest industries, driving, in the US & the world I believe.
        That was his only accident in about 15 years of driving. I remember his buddy jack-knifing about 10 years ago also but he to came out of it unhurt.

As far as the future goes most of it is hard to predict and today very few people will have a life-long career in anything...but like I said if the average age today of a driver is near retirement that means the demand should be strong for some time to come. Last summer I was talking to a guy I met who drove in from California and he said he was training a guy who was 72 years old and that anyone who is willing to to train can find work driving.

Comment

Save up some money and get a cdl

Comment

US President.

Comment

Grow weed.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                Lol. That's what I am now, and I'm still struggling!!!
                try those other options then. cant be any worse

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  dog walker
                  uber driver
                  janitor
                  mall greeter
                  rent a cop
                  Why be a rent a cop when you could be a real one?

A blonde was speeding in a 35 mile per hour zone when a local police officer pulled her over and walked up to the car. The officer also happened to be a blonde and she asked for the blonde driver's license.

The driver searched frantically in her purse for a while and finally said to the blonde policewoman, "What does a driver's license look like?"

Irritated, the blonde cop said, "You dummy, its got your picture on it!"

The blonde driver frantically searched her purse again and found a small, rectangular mirror down at the bottom. She held it up to her face and said, "Aha! This must be my driver's license" and handed it to the blonde policewoman.

The blonde cop looked in the mirror, handed it back to the driver and said, "You're free to go. And, if I had known you were a police officer too, we could have avoided all of this."

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
                    Why be a rent a cop when you could be a real one?

A blonde was speeding in a 35 mile per hour zone when a local police officer pulled her over and walked up to the car. The officer also happened to be a blonde and she asked for the blonde driver's license.

The driver searched frantically in her purse for a while and finally said to the blonde policewoman, "What does a driver's license look like?"

Irritated, the blonde cop said, "You dummy, its got your picture on it!"

The blonde driver frantically searched her purse again and found a small, rectangular mirror down at the bottom. She held it up to her face and said, "Aha! This must be my driver's license" and handed it to the blonde policewoman.

The blonde cop looked in the mirror, handed it back to the driver and said, "You're free to go. And, if I had known you were a police officer too, we could have avoided all of this."
                    according to the title/TS, learning isnt an option. real cops have to be mostly smart. not so slow on ''the uptake''

great joke, doe

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Grow weed.
                      This. Every ****** I know sells weed.

Comment

Working...
                      X