Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malignaggi "Based On The Sparring I Can't Say That I'd Pick McGregor To Win"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so paulie is going to put his money where his mouth is, right?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy360 View Post
      Only chance McGregor has is win is to fight very dirty and grind down Floyd. Any thing from clinching, wrenching the arms, beating on the upper arms and shoulders. Using his head inside and hitting while tied in the clinch.
      Disgusting. He needs to be banned from combat sports if he does that

Comment

Paulie has said numerous times that he wasn't really impressed, that his power was nothing special, etc. I mean, it all makes complete sense. I'm just surprised that Paulie wouldn't try to fuel the promo by pretending the sparring was insane.

Comment

Who the eff is realllllly picking Conor? Even the cats I see who's got looser takes on this fight then most of us are putting mad disclaimers on what needs to happen for Conor to win & Floyd to lose. Not to say it couldn't happen, but no one who knows much about combat sports & boxing is going to confidently say Conor will win cuz thats opening themselves to looking like a dummy &/or Conor fanboy.

Comment

Conor doesn't like to run he's either in a treadmill or riding a bike. As a fighter I know nothing compares to road work for building endurance. Biking and treadmills are the lazy easy way out. Floyd in 7 after McGregor gasses

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy360 View Post
              Only chance McGregor has is win is to fight very dirty and grind down Floyd. Any thing from clinching, wrenching the arms, beating on the upper arms and shoulders. Using his head inside and hitting while tied in the clinch. The question remains can he do it for 12 rounds. Anything else and the King of Bling will dazzle him with brilliance and finish him in the 9th. One thing I know for a fact. If you want to wear the legs off someone that has aged, your going to have to put some weight on them. Body shots and head hunting is a sure fire way for McGregor to find himself staring at those big bright lights wondering if he wants egg's with his waffle in the morning. McGregor better look to take the wind out of those sails before the ship gets moving or he will find himself in deep waters with no way to swim back to shore.
              LMAO this was just a beautifully golden piece!

Not many things can make me spit out my macchiato! Good stuff

Comment

Why would anyone pick Connor to win? I understand whyb some picked PAC to beat Floyd. But what boxers dfid Connor beat to make you confident he'd beat Floyd?

Comment

There is a dedicated sub forum in sherdog about this fight most of them are sure Paulie is saying what he is saying because he was lit up in sparring due to the black eye picture and then he got roasted by boxing fans. So now he is trying so save face and say he was nothing special as he can't handle the "novice kicked your ass " he is getting , do I think that's the case ? No , Connor is done for , but you guys don't know the half of it if your think no one gives mcg a chance outside this forums

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                    There is a dedicated sub forum in sherdog about this fight most of them are sure Paulie is saying what he is saying because he was lit up in sparring due to the black eye picture and then he got roasted by boxing fans. So now he is trying so save face and say he was nothing special as he can't handle the "novice kicked your ass " he is getting , do I think that's the case ? No , Connor is done for , but you guys don't know the half of it if your think no one gives mcg a chance outside this forums
                    I don't believe any truth to Paulie being beat in sparring. They were scheduled to go 6 rounds, but ended up going 8. If Mcgregor was getting the better of him the extra work wouldn't have been necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Conor doesn't like to run he's either in a treadmill or riding a bike. As a fighter I know nothing compares to road work for building endurance. Biking and treadmills are the lazy easy way out. Floyd in 7 after McGregor gasses
                      True, but with some exceptions James Toney reportedly got away from doing road work later in his career.

Look on the flip side, it helped him compete af heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X