No announcement yet.

HBO = LIARS (Golovkin fight)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO = LIARS (Golovkin fight)

Check this out... This has to do with the Golovkin fight this Saturday. This is the reason they gave for not broadcasting it:

"After extensive collective efforts, logistics to produce the fight from Monte Carlo could not be resolved. We have tried for the past month to find a way to televise Gennady Golovkin vs. Osumanu Adama on Feb. 1 from Monte Carlo."
    yet... International Channels found a way:

"The fight will be on all of the international channels, it just won't be broadcast here in the United States."
    yet... HBO couldn't figure out how to make it possible

"Unfortunately, the venue could not accommodate our production needs. We spent weeks looking at creative ways to produce a telecast for the HBO2 service from Monte Carlo and it simply could not get resolved."
    Oh so they couldn't even find alternate creative ways... Wow, how competent is that HBO crew, eh??

They have done it for several fights where they use international signal and add their commentary over it.

If other SMALLER international networks found a way, how couldn't HBO? They are a lying sack of poo.

/rantover

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    Check this out... This has to do with the Golovkin fight this Saturday. This is the reason they gave for not broadcasting it:

yet... International Channels found a way:

yet... HBO couldn't figure out how to make it possible

Oh so they couldn't even find alternate creative ways... Wow, how competent is that HBO crew, eh??

They have done it for several fights where they use international signal and add their commentary over it.

If other SMALLER international networks found a way, how couldn't HBO? They are a lying sack of poo.

/rantover
    They had no motivation really to go through all that trouble to watch Golovkin stump on the walking dead yet again. That's what they are really trying to say here.

Comment

HBO has production standards. They won't used any crappy feed.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
        They had no motivation really to go through all that trouble to watch Golovkin stump on the walking dead yet again. That's what they are really trying to say here.
        I would've had no problem if they came forward and stated it exactly like that. I am not too happy with Adama myself to be honest BUT it will be an exciting fight to watch. Entertainment for as long as it lasts. That is must watch TV to me personally whenever you have a guy who is monster and comes to attack.

Also, how to fight better opponents when all the "top" names are ducking Golovkin. Yeah they talk like they want it yet don't take action to make it happen. At least Lou Dibella and Martinez don't hide it.. SOG Scared Of Golovkin hides it behind his fake christian persona..

Comment

Like dr said picking up that foreign feed cheapens the hbo brand

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            HBO has production standards. They won't used any crappy feed.
            Sure... did you happen to catch the Martinez vs. Murray feed? Which looked like crap and was cutting in and out (video and sound at different times). The quality of the image looked washed up as well.

I'm sure in today's modern communications field there are competent networks who know how to put together a decent production. I have seen students produce live broadcasts for their College networks that are quality.

Comment

anyone know what time is the fight?

Comment

I think it's ridiculous too. I'll take a 2nd round TKO over adama rather than that snoozy, uneventful 12 round wide UD from last week any day. I think mikey is great but man i could barely stay awake for that fight.

Comment

Wise move by HBO. Just not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                    It's televised in Poland, Russia, Kazakhstan and South Africa.
                    I saw them advertise it in Australia too. I think it's on BoxNation UK but not sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X