Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA Times Article: Smooth sailing toward a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Times Article: Smooth sailing toward a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao rematch

https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...918-story.html

Seems more likely to happen than not. Dates being eyed are Dec 1 and 8th.

If they want the fight its very easy to make, they could make this fight in a week as they have no conflicts and both free agents.

The only issue will be that Floyd will get the lions share he will be squeezing Manny like a lemon.

I think it boils down to how low ball Manny will agree too, I think it will like 35% .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      If they want the fight its very easy to make, they could make this fight in a week as they have no conflicts and both free agents.

The only issue will be that Floyd will get the lions share he will be squeezing Manny like a lemon.

I think it boils down to how low ball Manny will agree too, I think it will like 35% .
      What did Manny get the first fight. What ever he got minus 5% to 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...918-story.html

Seems more likely to happen than not. Dates being eyed are Dec 1 and 8th.
        I just heard an Arum interview saying you can't put a PPV on the 1st cuz there are some big football games that day/night. And he said you can't put a PPV on the 8th cuz of the UFC.

Idk sh^t about football, but the 8th being a non-PPV date cuz of the UFC card is bs. There isn't a fight that is even a shadow on Manny's balls yet & the one main card fight of note on it is a fight that got canceled once already last time they tried to have it.

So if it happens I agree with Pugmire's guy that the 8th seems very doable (8 on a 1-10 scale) despite what Arum is saying.

Still gonna be f#cking weird if this is a thing.

And also whats the impact of Wilder vs Fury happening in December on PPV if Floyd vs Manny 2 happens on Dec. 8? Or is there any chance in hell they got the money to combine these fights on one PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Randomly in that Arum interview I just mentioned he said he doesn't think Manny will fight in the US cuz of how much money he owes the IRS. He said he thinks the fight would have to happen outside the US.

I gotta assume he doesn't owe THAT f#cking much doe. I mean I think he's getting a nice 8 digit number here worse case. But obviously it'd be much better to keep the full 8 digit number w/e it is vs have the IRS cut into it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I just heard an Arum interview saying you can't put a PPV on the 1st cuz there are some big football games that day/night. And he said you can't put a PPV on the 8th cuz of the UFC.

Idk sh^t about football, but the 8th being a non-PPV date cuz of the UFC card is bs. There isn't a fight that is even a shadow on Manny's balls yet & the one main card fight of note on it is a fight that got canceled once already last time they tried to have it.

So if it happens I agree with Pugmire's guy that the 8th seems very doable (8 on a 1-10 scale) despite what Arum is saying.

And also whats the impact of Wilder vs Fury happening in December on PPV if Floyd vs Manny 2 happens on Dec. 8? Or is there any chance in hell they got the money to combine these fights on one PPV?
            Arum has a point about the first, that's championship game weekend, so you'd probably take a hit there. Can't imagine some UFC fight on the 8th would be a problem though. Wilder/Fury will almost assuredly get pushed into 2019 if this fight is made, they aren't going to do a PPV within a few weeks of this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

dont say this stuff bro lol...i got flights to t.o and hotels booked already for this

Comment

It’d be historically insignificant if Floyd wins again. But what if he loses? looool. I know it wouldn’t weigh anywhere near as much as beating him in his prime but it’d still be a dirt in his resume. Still enough to put him on suicide watch imo

Comment

I believe Mayweather was joking and Pacquiao has taken it too serious. Mayweather looks finished and much past his prime than Pacquiao. Be surprised if Mayweather is 25% as good as he was.

Comment

Not interested. Hope Floyd was trolling

Comment

Working...
                    X