Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India's Population 1.2 Billion.. Olympic medals ZERO..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been told from my ex's father (British **** Indian), that India doesn't need to win gold medals, they need to go to school so they spend an inordinate amount of $, sending the richer Indians abroad or to top Uni's to become doctors etc etc and not Olympic sports which take a big money drain and time/energy drain. Besides Cricket, rich Indians love their cricket and the $ there draws people in.

Never knew if this was the truth, or just him saying that? He didn't care for any sports really either.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
      I have been told from my ex's father (British **** Indian), that India doesn't need to win gold medals, they need to go to school so they spend an inordinate amount of $, sending the richer Indians abroad or to top Uni's to become doctors etc etc and not Olympic sports which take a big money drain and time/energy drain. Besides Cricket, rich Indians love their cricket and the $ there draws people in.

Never knew if this was the truth, or just him saying that? He didn't care for any sports really either.
      the reason why they suck at sports is because the nations two favorite sports are cricket and field hockey. two sports that barely register any real athletic physical output.

ive explained this scientifically in that massive baseball vs cricket thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        That's because the women in India will be murdered if they report a sexual crime against them in India.

Indian father to his daughter:

"Vat do u mean youse been bloody raped, you shameful whore, how dare you bring shame on this bloody family init"... *Proceeds to smash brick repeatedly over daughters head*.
        Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
        Lol wtf
        Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Cliff notes:

Indian/Middle Eastern women are extremely less likely to report a sexual assault than women from more civilised nations.

you know in afghanistan,

if a woman gets raped,

SHE GOES TO JAIL!!!!!!!

that's just the debrief of the episode where it talks about women getting raped and if they report it, they go to prison. if you have access to the full show its a great yet sad watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
          the reason why they suck at sports is because the nations two favorite sports are cricket and field hockey. two sports that barely register any real athletic physical output.

ive explained this scientifically in that massive baseball vs cricket thread.
          No doubt, baseball is boring as **** but not as pointless seeming as Cricket.

Comment

No doubt, baseball is boring as **** but not as pointless seeming as Cricket.
            baseball is boring to watch if your team is not winning but very very fun to play in.

also its a money thing.

athletic history and money are the two most important factors in olympic medal counts.

Comment

baseball is boring to watch if your team is not winning but very very fun to play in.

also its a money thing.

athletic history and money are the two most important factors in olympic medal counts.
              That's my view of cricket too.

Comment

also its a money thing.

Baseballs boring to watch even if your team is winning.

Comment

Million Dollar Arm

Comment

Baseballs boring to watch even if your team is winning.
                    not if you're high.

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                    Million Dollar Arm
                    was that a good movie???

i illegally dl that movie havent seen it yet...

R.I.P Kickass

you will never be forgotten.....

we know who killed you....

you shall be avenged.

Comment

Just showed my indian neighbor this thread and this was his response

"Indian people are uneducated about sports overall. Other than cricket, most Indians have no clue that you can be a millionaire by playing sports like basketball and soccer. Even in cricket there is no organized system to build talent. But even still there are many indian wrestlers and boxers in the Olympics and India also has the biggest vegan body builder in the world his name is Varinder Ghuman. Also India doesn't support its athletes whether its from sponsorships or from the government like China. They don't put any value behind sports."

Comment

Working...
                      X