Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Canelo be known as The Britsecutioner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I'll admit that I struggled to come up with a catchy nickname.

But what exactly is a Brexecutioner? The meaning of that isn't immediately obvious. Related to Brexit?
    Br - short hand for British or Brit
    Executioner - self explanatory

So I figured combine the two portmanteau style and you get Brexecutioner i.e. the Brit Executioner or British Executioner but Brit Executioner sounds better IMO

And yes, given we've adopted this policy of creating words like Brexit, adding Br to things and exit at the end of things, I figured why not Brexecutioner

Comment

I wish he’d execute those responsible for Brexit.

That is a garbage run of fighters by the way. Smith is a decent operator at world level (albeit far below elite) but the others are barely Euro-level journeymen and a puffed up welterweight with a glass chin.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        So all of Europe is in Britain?
        What??? Geographically, Britain is apart of Europe. How could Europe be in Britain when Europe is a continent? Europe and EU are different if that’s what you’re referring to. IDK what you’re getting at though.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
          That's an awful name man, Britsecutioner sounds dodgy as **** and Eurobum Basher is overused. Hell, you could apply that to guys like Wilder and it'll still be applicable.

As an educated Englishman, allow me to coin the term the properly - Saul 'The Brexecutioner' Alvarez
          thats a great name actually

Comment

All told this isn't some huge accomplishment. But yeah give him the title The Bloke Beater.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              How many of those guys were actually good?

I think Khan is his biggest scalp from Britain, but the others were crap.
              They were all either lower level, smaller than him, or both!

If he wants to win Larry's title he needs to beat a top level Brit the same size as him.

BJS at 160 or Smith at 168 would do it. But don't hold your breath waiting for him to give it a try. He don't want that work.

Comment

He beats the hell out of them for sure but Britsecutioner sounds weird and doesn't have much of a ring to it.

Comment

Eubank Jr/Degale winner gets added to the list I hope

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    He beats the hell out of them for sure but Britsecutioner sounds weird and doesn't have much of a ring to it.
                    I'm open to other suggestions.

Maybe !! Anorak can come up with something clever. If he can stop staring at Canelo's snake long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                      That's an awful name man, Britsecutioner sounds dodgy as **** and Eurobum Basher is overused. Hell, you could apply that to guys like Wilder and it'll still be applicable.

As an educated Englishman, allow me to coin the term the properly - Saul 'The Brexecutioner' Alvarez
                      Oh Bravo, sir!

Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-13-2018, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X