Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Floors Guevara Three Times, Stops Him in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shakur is a very large FW. It will be a long night for any of the current champs. Russell Jr is very small, Valdez is smaller but talking about moving up, and Leo would likely be the most competitive. Stevenson will outgrow FW very soon, which is why he is anxious for a title fight at that weight. It won’t be long before he is at 135/140.

Comment

I think the kid is still a work in progress. I just don't see him as a potential contender for the major titles yet at this point.

I think that all the major beltholders at 126 defeat him. He can't hit.

You saw how he deliberately omitted Leo Santa Cruz and Gary Russell, Jr's names as potential title challenges.

Comment

Did not see the fight,did Shakur hit his opponent when he was on the floor defenseless ? No ? he only does to non-fighters in the street. Shakur is a punk !

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          Saturday July 13, 2019
          Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey, USA
          Commission: New Jersey Athletic Control Board
          Promoter: Top Rank - Bob Arum
          Watch: USA-ESPN 10:30 PM/ET

Shakur
          "Fearless"
          Stevenson

Weight: featherweight
          Height: 5'8"
          Reach: 68"
          Stance: southpaw
          Record: 11W(6KO)-0L

VS

Alberto
          "Metro"
          Guevara

Weight: featherweight
          Height: 5'6"
          Reach: 67"
          Stance: orthodox
          Record: 27W(12KO)-4L(1KO)
          undisclosed reason? The guy was dropped from 3 major alphabets rankings, for not being enrolled in the antidoping program. I'm pretty sure it was disclosed a lot.
          Last edited by garfios; 07-14-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            I thought Ward doesn't call fights for Stevenson?

This fight is a complete waste. Not Stevenson's fault as it was late replacement but Guevara not even putting up any fight. Just keeps going backwards.
            I beg to differ. It his fault for not taking the antidoping test. That is why Socarras wasn't there. The network's should support a clean sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
              Stevenson did what was expected of this opponent..But Stevenson was originally suppose to fight Cuban boxer "El Maja" Socarras, but the fight didn't fall threw cause Stevenson refused to do the "VADA" anti doping tests that Socarras & other fighters are doing..Now ¿Why would he refuse? Top Rank & Stevenson has said that the fight didn't go threw cause Socarras was asking for more money(It is also known that's old excuse that Top Rank has used before to pull their boxers out of fights)
              Socarras took the fight. And pull out after learning that stevenson was dropped from the rankings for not doing the antidoping tests.

Comment

He says he wants "the champions" yet calls out Leo Santa Cruz and Valdez! What happened to Gary Russell Jr.? Why doesn't anyone @ 126 call out Gary Russell Jr.? Seems like Lomachenko & Jo Jo Diaz were the only ones to call out GRJ! That's crazy!

Comment

Trash ...

What a great junk. He beat a guy coming up in weight plus a two week notice and they celebrate that in his hometown? Wow. Is that really a great achivement? HAHAHA. That is ****ing hilarius. Hey I chew a gum for five straight hours. That was really something.

nitramzaid@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X