Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd beat Castillo easy in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    Havent seen the second but seen the 1st and thought floyd could of got a draw or a loss instead he got a gift.
    See this is the problem. It wasn't a "gift" if you felt it could've been a draw.

Controversial? Definitely. I personally have it 7-5 JLC but could see 6-6. Even though judges had it for Floyd I do not think it was a gift.

A gift/robbery is like Lara/Punisher, Swift/Herrera, Abril/Rios. Those are GIFTS because of ROBBERIES.

Close fights aren't GIFTS. When people say Ward got a GIFT against Kovalev I disagree. I personally saw Kovalev win the fight, but not by a large enough margin to warrant a ROBBERY. I had Kovy 114-113 (6-6 plus the KD). It could've even been 115-112 Kovy. That's 7-5. Not a ROBBERY, but definitely controversial.

Robbery and gift thrown around too much. Really takes away from the sport in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      See this is the problem. It wasn't a "gift" if you felt it could've been a draw.

Controversial? Definitely. I personally have it 7-5 JLC but could see 6-6. Even though judges had it for Floyd I do not think it was a gift.

A gift/robbery is like Lara/Punisher, Swift/Herrera, Abril/Rios. Those are GIFTS because of ROBBERIES.

Close fights aren't GIFTS. When people say Ward got a GIFT against Kovalev I disagree. I personally saw Kovalev win the fight, but not by a large enough margin to warrant a ROBBERY. I had Kovy 114-113 (6-6 plus the KD). It could've even been 115-112 Kovy. That's 7-5. Not a ROBBERY, but definitely controversial.

Robbery and gift thrown around too much. Really takes away from the sport in my opinion
      Yes you are right it makes it sound like he got gifted a win when in fact it was a hard fought fight that could of gone either way.
      Will check my wording in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        This. He won the fight cleanly, but it was close. Easily could've been 7-5.

JLC just had Floyd's number style-wise.

Marcos Maidana 1st fight was anything from 8-4 Floyd to 6-6. 2nd fight was 8-4 and very boring. 1st fight only fun because Weekes doesn't call fouls.

DLH was very competitive in his fight with Floyd also...I had it 7-5 Floyd and could've seen 6-6. Yes Floyd "pulled" away, but a lot of his effectiveness was overstated. He didn't land much either due to DLH's underrated defense.

JLC1 fight could easily be scored in JLC's favor. Because Floyd actually did have rotator cuff surgery following the fight I gave him a pass and chalked it up to injury. 7-5 JLC or 6-6 at best
        De La Hoya fight wasn’t close at all.

Comment

Castillo let up in the rematch, he could have won that one but Floyd fought hard in the later rounds and Castillo didn't have the same determination to terminator it.

I haven't watched it in 15 years so my advice is not the best.

Good fight.

Comment

Working...
          X